Arc'teryx store

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:19 pm

good point. they don't warranty at all. which means you may save a hundred dollars or more on a jacket which would retail for say $400, but if anything goes wrong w/ it you're screwed.

but then again, how many people do you know who have actually had a problem w/ their arc'teryx garment seriously requiring warranty? i have several jackets, and my buddy has like 15, and we've never had an issue. and they get used a lot. :P

Anders Ourom

Post by Anders Ourom » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:26 pm

At a wild guess, there may be information about this somewhere at www.arcteryx.com. But you all knew that already.

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:30 pm

haha... i thought this topic was done w/ :lol:

i clicked on 'contact' not 'purchase' so i missed it :roll:

c-plus

Post by c-plus » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:36 pm

Brendan wrote:but then again, how many people do you know who have actually had a problem w/ their arc'teryx garment seriously requiring warranty?
i've bought several jackets and have never had a problem, but the glued seam on one of my g/f's jacket pockets did come unglued, rendering the pocket useless. however, a 10 dollar purchase of fabric glue seams (he he.. um, sorry, bad pun :wink: ) to have fixed everthing...

MGarcia

Post by MGarcia » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:12 pm

Typically in the US outlet is either seconds or overstock, last year's or similar.

Retail is just retail.

Like nike's store and others at the mile 200 outlet mall on Interstae 5 going to Seattle.

We have one close to where we used to live in San Marcos Texas and a brand new one in Mercedes Texas.

The one in San Marcos used to have a North Face one, and still has a Timberland one. Great prices, mainly over stock.

A friend lives very close to a Patagonia one in Santa Cruz, CA, mainly overstock.

Great prices and noone really cares if it is last years models.

PAW

Post by PAW » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:22 pm

who hasnt warrantied a goretex jacket or pants for a new one.

GTX eventually always leaks but is guaranteed for life, thats why you pay full price for the warranty otherwise save your money and buy a columbia jacket.(this is the original reason coast mtn fell into financial issues forcing the sale to fozani)

meet a friend that works their an get hooked up with prodeal, that way you use it till it leaks or you want a new one and you sell it for the same price you payed.
GO BIG OR GO HOME

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:45 pm

pro-deal is the way to go :wink:

i can't verify this for sure, but i have a feeling arc'teryx isn't as good as Patagonia when it comes to returns/warranty!?
i have this old patagonia 2 ply ptfe fabric jacket which seeps a bit, and i was told to just send it back for a brand new one (updated 2007 model).
i spoke to a guy who returned his jacket after like 10 years, and patagonia sent him a brand new one of that year! :shock:
and when that one wears out, get a new one... never purchasing a new jacket again.
i wonder if arc'teryx is that good? :cry:

tattooed_climber

Post by tattooed_climber » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:34 am

PAW wrote:seconds = no warranty.

Is it really worth it
i got a gamma mx hoody for 50% off.....it had a "run" in the fabric one on of the pockets....

i can't even find it any more

i've abused that jacket heavily....crampon punctures, burns, rips from climbing, abrasion from falls..frozen solid afew times.......home repairs and and repairs done in a tent while hiding from the storm

still bomber

i;'ve seen stuff at the outlet store with only half the name tag (the blue arcteryx tag on the inside of the jacket) sewn on...that was the reason for it being a second
Nothing like the sound of thumpin' a piton first thing in the morning...