Weather on Thursday

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
mcstupid

Weather on Thursday

Post by mcstupid » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:33 pm

So I know this question is hard to predict, but I am wondering if anyone in the area can give me a heads up on the possibility of rain today/tomorrow (Wed & Thurs). I am a couple hours away and my original plan was to get an early start on Thursday and spend the day in the Bluffs. The forecast is calling for a bit a moisture, but they are often wrong. Any thoughts from someone the the area would be greatly appreciated.

I'll keep looking around the forum, but any suggestions of places to play around if it does get a little damp?

squamish climber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by squamish climber » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:43 pm

I'm not up there now but I was last week. There were some days with similiar forecast calling for thundershowers. They only showed up once in the evening and by morning the rock was dry. I'd say you are going to be okay. The forecast is calling for a chance of thundershowers so even if it does rain, it won't last and will dry soon.

Crags like Penny Lane, Neat and Cool and Burgers and Fries dry quickly. Also check out the Malemute for quick drying rock.

Good luck.
Dave Jones - site admin
When you reach the top, keep climbing -- Zen proverb

squamish climber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by squamish climber » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:44 pm

I'm not up there now but I was last week. There were some days with similiar forecast calling for thundershowers. They only showed up once in the evening and by morning the rock was dry. I'd say you are going to be okay. The forecast is calling for a chance of thundershowers so even if it does rain, it won't last and will dry soon.

Crags like Penny Lane, Neat and Cool and Burgers and Fries dry quickly. Also check out the Malemute for quick drying rock.

Check out the Live Web cam - looks like a lot of Forest fire haze around.

Good luck.
Dave Jones - site admin
When you reach the top, keep climbing -- Zen proverb