Mank Patrol

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
tsouth

Re: Mank Patrol

Post by tsouth » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:43 am

A few of the bolts on serendipity at Rogue's Gallary are looking pretty mank. Rusty nut bolt and slight staining of the hanger.

t-bone

Post by t-bone » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:36 pm

At the Black Zawn, the first 2 pins on The Crucifix are in terrible shape (rusted/corroded).

Not sure if Kevin McClane frequents this forum, but I would be interested in his thoughts on replacing the 3 pins on this route and also the one on Black Flag. IMO, the first pin of the Crucifix should be replaced with a bolt but the 2nd and 3rd could just be pulled as there is gear nearby.

On Black Flag, the piton looked to be in a bit better shape but I'd suggest it should be replaced with bolt.

Great climbing on both these routes (and Perfidious Albion)...would be nice to see this area get some more traffic.

tbc
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by tbc » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:21 pm

The rappel anchors on Borderline could use an update. The last 2 rappels are just hangers and tat/webbing that hang super low. Added more new sling and cleaned out some brittle cord but could be those nice fixe rings like the upper anchors have.

natsdad

Post by natsdad » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:36 am

Relish Route on the AMO wall at Shannon Falls has a missing hanger on 7th bolt of first pitch (past the intermediate anchor). The bolt is there, but no hanger/nut. Otherwise, very nice route. There is now a fourth pitch (very low fith class - 4 bolts plus bolted anchor) that leads close to the top of the crag allowing for walking off the back side of this small formation...you eventually pop out very close to the viewing platform of Shannon Falls.

pixel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by pixel » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:06 am

The Playground has a couple of items that could use an update:
1. One of the routes on the right (might be "Skipping Stones"?) has a bolt with a missing hanger higher up. It might be near a chalk X marked on the rock.
2. The anchor at the top of Lost and Found has deeply grooved lowering carabiners on the anchor.

pixel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by pixel » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:09 am

On Centurion, the second bolt on p2 was missing its hanger. We added a hanger and nut, but it would benefit from someone adding a washer as well and tightening it down properly with a wrench.