Papoose new topo

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
smallman

Papoose new topo

Post by smallman » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:38 am

John Howe has been spending a lot of time retroscrubbing, landscaping and new routing at the Papoose over this last year. He has produced a fantastic new topo for the Papoose which you can get here: http://quickdrawpublications.com/Free%2 ... evised.pdf.
Thanks for the hard work, John

scrubber

Re: Papoose new topo

Post by scrubber » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:33 pm

That's great. Now what about the left side of the Papoose? Maybe that'll be chapter 2. There's only a handfull of routes left out of that topo to the left of what's shown.

Kris

smallman

Post by smallman » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:36 pm

I don't know. I guess between retroscrubbing the majority of the cliffs routes and removing most of the cliff's trees, putting up a bunch of new routes, acting as head of squamish SAR, and running his forestry consulting business involving large amounts of travel he didn't get around to drawing a left side topo. :roll: or maybe that will come with a phase two retro scrub.

andypl100
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by andypl100 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Climbed Transit of Venus today. P1 and P2 are super fun. The long traverse is really cool (my wife might, seconding, my disagree ;) The P3 corner was fairly clean, all things considered. Great route, thanks for the effort.

jonny2vests

Post by jonny2vests » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:15 pm

Thanks for the new topo, couldn't get the link to work, but found it here:

http://quickdrawpublications.com/quickd ... evised.pdf

andypl100
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by andypl100 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:13 pm

Got on Obsession (10b) shown on the new topo today. Really fun! As good as any of the other 10s I've been on at the Papoose. Super clean right now too. Varied, engaging climbing the whole way. Despite the traversy nature, very well protected for both leader and follower.

P1 - Long and fun. The last moves gaining the final bolt is really cool.
P2 - I thought this was the best pitch on the route. The moves left past the four bolts were really thoughtful and on great rock.
P3 - Easy traverse
P4 - Really fun, edgey face climbing on great rock. As the topo says, a green camalot goes in a horizontal at the end to take the edge of the last 5.7 bit on Centrefold. And it protectes your second a bit as well.

Great job to the developers!

natsdad

Post by natsdad » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:40 am

My friend and I climbed Obsession and Hairpin yesterday. Both great climbs. I agree with the previous post...good rock, very thoughtful moves on traverse (pitch 2 of Obsession - which reminded me of the traverse pitch of Transit of Venus). First three pitches of Hairpin were also great climbing. The whole area is in great shape -- thanks John Howe and other developers.

Steve