New Fixed Chain on Broadway

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
relic

Re: New Fixed Chain on Broadway

Post by relic » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:51 am

.....the chain

......./facepalm

BSP
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by BSP » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:22 am

That right you are a strong 5.9 climber in your good days and you don't like chain fair enough. But put in perspective that there is lots of beginner going true that section. Setting a anchor and a belay is time consuming. i find it better not to have to wait for people in that section...

psi4ce

Post by psi4ce » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:38 am

So... who's going to chop it? :)

relic

Post by relic » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Is English your second language BSP or are you retarded? It sounds like both to me.

When is there ever a traffic jam on Broadway ledge?

Are you the guy who put this chain and other assorted unnecessary hardware on Broadway?

Who are you talking about, strong 5.9 climber on good days? Seriously dude, this makes no sense at all.

psi4ce

Post by psi4ce » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Chop chop chop

Let's go chop it, right?

NateDoggOG

Post by NateDoggOG » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:03 pm

I'll climb up with a crowbar and hammer, if someone can provide them. Chop away!

Lurch

Post by Lurch » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:40 pm

chop

BSP
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by BSP » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:25 pm

Relic for your information yes i am french and am sorry if i hurt your feeling.

t-bone

Post by t-bone » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:45 pm

somebody please chop it. It makes absolutely no sense and sets a terrible precedent. What's next a chain the entire length of Bellygood?

Cloudraker

Post by Cloudraker » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:58 am

CHOP IT

The climbing experience on established routes in Squamish is sanitized enough with fixed anchors, modern gear, step-by-step topos and route beta, etc.

Like others have mentioned, if you're sketched passing that section on Broadway build an anchor.

Fre

Post by Fre » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:41 am

Relic: chill dude, it ain't a spelling contest here, and even retards are allowed to have (misguided) opinions :P

Also, can the bloody thing be chopped without leaving huge scars? For some reason, history has shown that people like hanging ropes or chains in that section. Last thing we need is multiple bolt holes or some ugly situation like that grey paint incident along the road

BSP
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by BSP » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:51 pm

For sure having a chain there is better then multiple ropes, but if those chain are such a big deal what about the chain to access mercy me they are not require since there is way around it. did not hear any complain about the traverse rope on the north wall. not to mention fix rope on the apron trail. Or i my having a conversation with the lowest common denominator.

gnarnaphobe

Post by gnarnaphobe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:31 am

Bsp: the chain does on the escape flake doesn't only access mercy me and it is ment for is ment for going down as well as up(hence the name escape flake) and provides access to several aid lines which people climb in the rain. The chain on broadway would be more comparable to a chain Across a section of the escape flake..

As for the up thread comment about the fixed lines at the top of the chimneys, no one here can comment because the majority of people who b%$ch on the Internet don't climb that hard... (I assume that's the point you trying to make anyways)

However I imagine it's not a sparkling clean sweep of granite, low angle with tons of feature that make it freeclimbable at the lower end of the 5th class spectrum, as is the case with the location of the chain on trial.
Imaging how much funner this could be with booze and explosives

NateDoggOG

Post by NateDoggOG » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:24 am

Still waiting for the person who put it there to come clean.....

BSP
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by BSP » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:55 am

My though on the chain is that they have been install to facilitate the guiding for the guide for inexperience people. I could be wrong on this. I could agree that is true that there is a lot of fixed hardware on that rock you would think that a group of people would have debated on this prior to install this chain. It easy to see that for most climber this chain don't look of any use. When i see piece of hardware that i don't find useful for me i don't use it or don't clip the bolt that i find to me maybe unnecessary but i think of other that may be beginner. I don't mean by that we should have bolt ladder everywhere but we all can agree that most route on the apron are not at a high grade and they will be lot of new climber on it.