How to find partners in Squamish.

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
Rob.Hack
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

How to find partners in Squamish.

Post by Rob.Hack » Fri May 04, 2012 12:28 pm

I am considering coming to Squamish for the months of July and September.

I will be travelling without a climbing partner. Can anyone advise me on how easy it is to find someone to climb with in Squamish? In case it is of any relevance, I will be carrying with me a full trad rack and generally lead in the 5.9 region. I plan on camping and will have my own car.

Are there any recommendations that anyone has to help finding a partner? Are there any organised meet-ups, bars where climbers hang out, or any forums other than this one which are good for picking up a partner?

Thank you in advance for your help.

jefffski

Re: How to find partners in Squamish.

Post by jefffski » Fri May 04, 2012 1:55 pm

there us a notice board in the squamish campground. if you post a phone number or tent site, people will find you.

squamish climber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to find partners in Squamish.

Post by squamish climber » Fri May 04, 2012 2:09 pm

Hey Rob welcome to Squamish and squamishclimbing.com

Like Jeff said the notice board in the campground is a great place to find a partner, as is the partners thread on this site. It's difficult to tell how many times the partners thread successfully connects climbers as often people will private message each other rather than arrange the climb through a post. As you can see a number of people are doing the same as you and coming here solo. So you should leave ways for people to contact you such as an email in your post.

From what I've gathered Squamish is one of the easiest climbing destinations to find a partner. People come here from all over to escape the heat further south, and most stay at the campground. And just walking in Smoke Bluffs or at the base of the Chief you will meet other climbers. Zephyr in downtown Squamish is a local hang out for a morning coffee. Galieo's coffee at the Adventure Centre is also a popular place for climbers - there is free wifi there .

If you've got other questions, most people here are willing to help out so post them here.

Good luck and drop some lines of how your trip is going once you get here.
Dave Jones - site admin
When you reach the top, keep climbing -- Zen proverb