Politics - like it or lump it

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
BK

Politics - like it or lump it

Post by BK » Sun May 01, 2011 5:33 am

Don't worry... I do not intend this to be a regular thing. Tomorrows the election.

I strongly suggest we all have an interest (unless you are some right wing global warming denying, stupid on crime nut bar) in giving the Conservatives a swift kick in the a$% tomorrow at the polls. In this riding I'm voting Liberal not because i'm particularly in love with them - I think they offer the best chance (in this riding) of unseating the spectre of John Weston / Harper.

Get out and vote if you don't want to wind up like those freaky wierd fruit loops south of the border.

BK

enchanted

Re: Politics - like it or lump it

Post by enchanted » Sun May 01, 2011 8:12 am

Here, here, Bruce.

YetAnotherDave

Post by YetAnotherDave » Sun May 01, 2011 7:34 pm

BK wrote:... In this riding I'm voting Liberal not because i'm particularly in love with them - I think they offer the best chance (in this riding) of unseating ... Harper.
already voted for the liberal - not a huge fan of iggy, but the local candidate (Taleeb Noormohamed: http://taleeb.ca) looks pretty good (amazing but true).

If you're thinking of voting strategically, rather than for your _favourite_ party, here's a site with polling and strategy info: http://www.projectdemocracy.ca/

Anders Ourom

Post by Anders Ourom » Sun May 01, 2011 10:19 pm

As long as Harper doesn't get a majority, I can probably stomach it. Noting that he's been leading a coalition for years - a coalition of the Reform and Progressive Conservative parties. For all his foolishness on the subject. Politics is all about coalitions, some formal, some not.

And, if the Liberals and NDP between them have a majority of seats in parliament, and can show the governor general that they have a plausible plan to govern, they likely have the right to try - even if the Conservatives have more seats than either of them. Majority rules - one of those odd democratic principles.

So get out and vote!

coastal_climber

Post by coastal_climber » Mon May 02, 2011 8:18 pm

guess who won :D

coastal_climber

Post by coastal_climber » Tue May 03, 2011 5:56 am

well it would be a waste of money, so they probably would.

crazymonkey

Post by crazymonkey » Tue May 03, 2011 9:06 pm

Screw politics, I'm going climbing.