Lumberland

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
Dru

Lumberland

Post by Dru » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:08 pm

A couple of years ago I climbed a new route at Lumberland with Robin Beech, but only reported it on the cascadeclimbers.com message board. I guess this is a better spot to do so.

Anyways Maple Cream is located between The GMB and Lumberland. Start as for GMB and move right, or climb directly (direct start has mossed over now). Climb thin crack to a horizontal, shuffle left along the horizontal, and then climb past 2 bolts on a cruxy slab (10c-ish) to top out. I added a bolt belay to the top of Lumberland to replace the rotten stump belay there, which also serves this route. Rap down off chains on the GMB or walk off. Gear to #1 Camalot.

4 problems on the boulder below the crag were also climbed, ranging from V0 to V2ish. Beware of sharp rocks below the arete on the boulder, which will cut a hole in your pad if you let them.

lolo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

lumberland fun

Post by lolo » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:02 pm

found this crag by accident yesterday and had lots of post-baby training fun on it ! Thanks Dru !

another matt
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by another matt » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:14 pm

This area has just been re-srcubbed, please go and climb it, the route are fun. Hopefully more people will find this crag now that there will be a new trail up from crag x area.

Question for Dru, Maple Cream, the direct start, does it start right off of the ground in line with the bolts? If so I still have a bit of work to do.

Dru

Post by Dru » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:37 pm

right off the ground in line with the first bolt, more or less. I remember you have to move right a bit to the double crack once you get to the shelf

staven

Post by staven » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:38 pm

Was out walking today and checked out a small crag above Lumberland. Looks like still some development going on, but at least two new routes in a corner - one bolted, one natural steep corner. Also some nice looking ledgey routes starting off with a short roof. This is also directly below One Toque Wall. Any info yet?

Dru

Post by Dru » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:44 pm

There have been at least those routes up there since the 90s but no info on FA's or names so KM has never put them in a guidebook

staven

Post by staven » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:30 pm

Thanks for the info Dru. The brushing at the base of the crag looks great and the climbs that are being cleaned look like they'll be fun. Is it too cold to climb? Not that desperate yet but getting close.