top rope help

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
quantum7

top rope help

Post by quantum7 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:58 pm

Can anyone tell me if it is a nightmare to set up topropes at Up Among the Firs (Murrin)? I am new to leading so still like to do lots of toproping but I have exhausted all the usual places at the Bluffs and Sugarloaf area. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

MarkR

Post by MarkR » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:28 pm

Yea it's really easy for some routes, namely Poster Boy and A Little Testis.

Wicker Cranium is a little sketchy, I set up a TR on it last year for some friends on a rest day, and I chose to repel to the anchor if I remember correctly. I'm a big 'fraidy cat though, it might not have been that bad.

dirty
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by dirty » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Quantum...
Dude...

BETAFLASH!!

Wyntcha get yer a$% up there... and find out!!

Hope this helps.

quantum7

Post by quantum7 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:57 pm

C'mon Casual Observer - give a sister a break here :) I'm only a 5.9 leader at best. Don't make me give up my nice, comfy top-roping gig yet...

thebigchin

Post by thebigchin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:19 am

You don't have to give up the TR. You just have to grab your gear, go for a walk, and check it out for yourself. You'll discover a bunch of new stuff along the way and get a way better feel for the area by exploring without some dodgy beta off the internet.

Almost everyone will say that their best days were on climbs that they knew nothing about and figured them out as they went. You always raise your game to match your opponent and there's nothing like exploration to facilitate that.

So get your a$% up there and find out! And have fun!