Something renewed at the apron base

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
another matt
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Something renewed at the apron base

Post by another matt » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:01 pm

I found this interesting old climb along the new apron trail. Couldn't find any info on it but behind the trees and moss it looked fun so I cleaned it up. The climb starts in a thin finger corner, past an old pin, up to a small roof. Pass right under the roof and over into to a hand crack on the right. I'd guess at the grade around mid .10 in the corn and around 5.9 once you get into the hand crack above. Just a guess?? There are a couple of bolts to rap off of.

Location: From the apron parking lot walk a few minutes along the new apron connector trail. Where the trail "s" down a slight hill between some obvious boulder problems look left along the wall and you will see the upper hand crack, in behind a tree you'll see the corner.

The climb is short but supper fun. It would make a great little pitch if you are waiting for someone or if you have extra energy after coming down off the apron. I'll try and get a picture up soon. Cheers ~Matt

Dru

Post by Dru » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:22 am

Brent Nixon and Tom Gruber did some routes in that area in the 90s, that never made it in to KMs guidebooks, it could be one of them?

Is it the corner that's about halfway from Bottom Line to Cha Cha Crrack?

another matt
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by another matt » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:17 pm

Hey Dru,

It is between bottom line and Cha Cha, although I would say it is closer to bottom line. There are some hydro poles directly across from it at the side of the hwy. On a side note, could anyone please tell me how to post a photo on here, I'm pretty much tech-no-literate. Thanks