Bouldering Co-Op in Squamish

Everything and anything to do with climbing in Squamish.
JSmith

Bouldering Co-Op in Squamish

Post by JSmith » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:40 pm

Looking for potential members to join a bouldering co-op. Need approx. 40 members at $500/year for it to be possible. The space is 1600 square feet. 16ft tall. Downtown location. We all ready have about 20 people committed. This will be a legal co-op with insurance. We have all of the building material plus 1000+ holds. The catch is that you must pay for the year in advance. No exceptions. Memberships will be granted on a first come first serve basis. Looking at opening October first. Building in the last two weeks of September. If you are interested email me at: squamishboulderingcoop(at)gmail.com

Steve Townshend

Friends of members?

Post by Steve Townshend » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:44 pm

Hey Jer.

what about friends of members who want to come climb there too? will there be like a day-fee type deal for friends, or just bring 'em along when you go? i'm interested even though i'm going away most of the winter...

Will members have a Key so they can just go whenever they want?

is it going to be bigger than your old wall?

Steve

gearheart

Post by gearheart » Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:52 am

Finally - this is awesome news & and a great idea Jeremy. I'm definitely in - look for my e-mail. Todd

JSmith

Post by JSmith » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:26 am

Steve, the space is way bigger than my old wall, and 4 feet taller. Members will get a key. If you bring a friend, they'll have to sign a waiver and pay $5-$8 not sure on the exact rate.

Steve Townshend

Post by Steve Townshend » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:27 pm

Yo Jer,
When do you need the money?

Is it first 40 people and then the door is closed, or can there be more than 40?

is it $500 1st year and every year (as long as the thing stays open) or just up-front and then a smaller amount each year after?

can you buy-in after the thing is up and running (i'm going away in the Fall and not sure if i'll be back, but if i am [around Christmas] i want in).

Answer these questions and i'll come to the shop with more (and to drag you to climb tomorrow or the next day).
Steve

pinner

Post by pinner » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:39 am

fantastic! unfortunately I'm broke as a joke as I just bought a plane ticket to south america for two months... will be excitedly watching for updates when I return!

JSmith

Post by JSmith » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:54 pm

Hello;
We are having our first meeting to discuss the runnings of the co-op. This is our first group meeting and will be a great chance to get some feedback on our ideas. We will be discussing rules, fees, member responsibilities, design, construction, material needs, safety, and whatever else comes up. The meeting will take place on Sunday Sept.14, 8pm, at the Garibaldi Room in the Howe Sound Brew Pub. We'll have pictures of the space, 3D images of the design, pics of gyms we've built before, and possibly beer. The meeting is not mandatory, but the more people that come the better.
Hope to see you there.
Jeremy

JSmith

Post by JSmith » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:51 am

Hi all;
Coming into crunch time. Now is the time to tell everyone you know and get them to commit. If we are going to get the space, we need a few more members to sign on.
Just shoot an email to squamishboulderingcoop(at)gmail(dot)com to commit.
Thanks
J.

Steve Townshend

MEETING TONIGHT (Sun. Sept 28th, 8pm) at the Brew Pub

Post by Steve Townshend » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:18 pm

Meeting TONIGHT (in 2 hours) at the Brew Pub in the Garibaldi room.

Sunday Sept 28th at 8pm.... all about the Co-Op.... (Jer was going to post something on here but he forgot).

JSmith

Post by JSmith » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:56 pm

Hello all;
We have received our regristration back from the Victoria. Now is the time to register your membership, and drop a cheque of at Climb On. Make cheques payable to Grand Wall Bouldering Cooperative. The annual access fee is $500. The one time $10 Co-Op membership fee is included.
The memberships will be from Nov 1 '08 to Nov 1 '09.
Stay tuned for updates.
J.