VW Jetta 2000 TDI Diesel Standard

Post your "For Sale" and 'Wanted Ads" here
mooska
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

VW Jetta 2000 TDI Diesel Standard

Post by mooska » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:28 am

For sale is VW Jetta TDI with Manual transmission.
Millage: 366000km
Second Owner.
Air Cared until May 2013. Passes air care with flying colours.

The Good
Brand new Single Mass Clutch
Brand new clutch slave cylinder
1 year old suspension. Rear suspension completely rebuilt, not just shocks and springs
Can get to Portland and back on 1 full tank!!!

The not so good
When the clutch was replaced 2 months a go, the mechanic did not change the intake shaft seal, so there is a small gear oil leak. Fortunately, you can drive at least 5000km without adding any.
Under-powered. It is not a turbo, but a computer/injection pump issue. Can be fixed, but I did not bother. Hence you get a check engine light.
Some rear bumper damage as seen on the picture.

I recently drove it to California and did almost 8000km on it with no issues, well, except that I had to replace the clutch in Yosemite.
I really like this car and took care of it as much as I could. Oil change, replacement of all the filters (including cabin filter) and brakes all were done by myself regularly.
The car has a hitch and it comes with Oil extractor and a bike rack. It has excellent Alpine deck and you can plug an mp3 directly.
The reason I am selling the car is because I am leaving the country for a year or so. I am not desperate to sell it, if it is not sold at this price, my roommate is getting it.

Climbing:
This car has been multiple times to J-Tree, red rocks, Yosemite, Bishop and Smith rock. It is not the fastest car, but it will get you from point A to B on very little gas. You can also sleep 2 people in it. It is not a van, but not a lot of Vans get such fuel economy.

You can see pictures here.https://picasaweb.google.com/1004671486 ... directlink

NateDoggOG

Re: VW Jetta 2000 TDI Diesel Standard

Post by NateDoggOG » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:00 pm

What were you wanting for it?