Need input please.

Post your "For Sale" and 'Wanted Ads" here
Joyanne
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Need input please.

Post by Joyanne » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:45 pm

Hi, new climber here!

This is NOT an advertisement, but a question and answer thing. I've gotton the brainchild to develop a quick, 100% natural energy food that fits easily in a pocket, keeps well and tastes amazing. Also 100% natural blah blah blah.... I'm thinking it would work well for hikers/climbers who need quick energy.

My idea is to make a couple hundred prototypes (have not named the product yet...extreme beginning stages of developement), and hand them out for free to climbers/hikers at the chief. Wrapper will include my email so I can get feedback on how people liked it etc etc.

If anyone here would be willing to participate that would be GREAT. I will NOT sales pitch you (as I am not even NEAR the sales stage yet), bother you, ask for your personal info, or ask for payment. I just want to know "do you like it, would you buy it, how much would you pay etc..."

Anyway..hope this post isn't violating any board protocol???

By the way, my name is Joy. I am a hiker..but new to climbing and LOVE it. I live on Van Island but come to Squamish almost weekly.

Please answer this post if you're interested, or if you just want to say hi!

avit

Re: Need input please.

Post by avit » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:29 pm

I remember a few years back someone was doing this locally and selling them at the Farmers' Market, it was a good product for the local outdoorsy hippies. I bought a whole bag from her and kept them in the freezer, they were really good. Kind of chewy, like PowerBars. Can't remember what they were called though or if they're still around.

Markus451
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Re: Need input please.

Post by Markus451 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi. I'm still new to climbing, being from Winnipeg :), but I've got extensive business experience and would be willing to consult and brainstorm with you. Having grown up in that milieu, that kind of stuff is fun for me. Hell, I might even be willing to work with you on your new product.

Also, I'd like to climb with a fellow entry-level climber. After a day of bouldering at Black Dyke, I easily did a 5.8 at Cheakamus and was on a 5.10 when my forearms gave out. Now I know why we need rest days. :) What level are you climbing at?

Anyways, what's the next thing you're doing in the Squamish area, and when?

My Contact Info: text me at 778 232 7447 and I can show up with little notice. Or email my cell: 7782327447 (at) vmobile.ca (SMS-length only).

Sincerely, Markus

PS: Have harness, shoes, rope, 12 draws, etc.