Bivy gear stolen when climbing NE Buttress of Slesse

Climbing above and beyond the Chief and Squamish Crags. Check here for trip reports and new routes in the Sea to Sky backcountry
samradcliffe
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Bivy gear stolen when climbing NE Buttress of Slesse

Post by samradcliffe » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:00 pm

Just to let everyone know, me and a friend had some bivy gear stolen when we were climbing the NE Buttress of Mount Slesse yesterday (6th August). We bivied in a clearing near the memorial plaque which had clearly been used for that purpose before.

We set off early in the morning climbed the route then returned to our gear at around 4.30pm.
Upon returning we realized someone had rummaged through our stuff and taken a few things they liked the look of; New Mountain Hardwear Lamina sleeping bag, a newish sumo jetboil, and a pair of Mammut Salewa Rapace boots which were in good condition. It is quite weird how they only took these three items and not anything else.... Anyway this is obviously very annoying as our gear (as with every climber) means allot to us and not easily replaced. Some people!!!! Anyway a warning to anyone attempting the route to hide your gear well just incase there are some more thieves around.

All the best and luck to anyone else attempting the route. It is in prime condition at the moment.
Sam