2015 Golden Scrub Brush Awards Nominations

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
smallman

2015 Golden Scrub Brush Awards Nominations

Post by smallman » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Hi All:
The time has come again for nominations for this year's SAS Golden Scrub Brush awards (The Scrubbies) to show your appreciation for those hard working scrubbers putting up your new favorite route. This year's awards will cover routes established in the 2010 - 2015 period. The longer time interval allows appreciation to build for routes - similar to fine wine. So go through that well thumbed 2012 version of Squamish Select and look through the New Route section of this site, the free topos section at quickdrawpublications.com, and http://squamishclimbingsource.com/com to pick out some favorites for nomination.

Nomination Rules.

Awards are to be in the following categories:
1) Best new trad or mixed crag route (single pitch) hard 11 + , moderate 10-
2) best new sport route, hard 11 + , moderate 10-
3) best contributing boulderer
4) Best new multi-pitch (moderate 10 and under), Hard (11+)
5) Best new crag or area.
6) Best re-scrub and retrofit.
7) Best new route name and back story

SAS's Board of Directors has also currently selected 3 individuals for Induction into the Fellowship of the Golden Scrub Brush (Lifetime Achievement).

Nomination Rules:
1) Please choose routes developed since 2010. We wish to appreciate developers who have created the Second Golden Era of Squamish climbing. Previous award winners are exempt from Nomination but previous nominees (but not winners) are still eligible for this year's awards.

2) Self Nomination in all categories EXCEPT CATEGORY 7 (BEST Route name and Story) will result in immediate disqualification. Self Nominated Category 7 nominations should be accompanied with a back story on the origin of the route name.
3) Nominations shall be accompanied by a brief rationale (max one paragraph) as to merits for nomination. This rationale should be more intellectual and have more substance than "because it is mega sick dude."
4) Internet flaming of other nominations will result in immediate disqualification of your nomination with ZERO exceptions.

Please submit your nominations to SAS's facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Squamish ... 1370216065 or to the 2015 Golden Scrub Brush thread on squamishclimbing.com. Nominations will be vetted by an esteemed panel of judges and selected nominations will be subject to public vote on our facebook page. Selected Best route name and back story candidates will be presented at our award function in November. Winners will get a beautiful trophy, bragging rights, our undying love and affection, and possibly some swag. We hope this year's event will be as fun or better than the 2014 event.

Sincerely

Chris Small
Squamish Access Society

Last years winners
Single Pitch Moderate Trad Staples are Forever - Harry Young
Single Pitch Moderate Sport The burglar - Colin Moorhead
Moderate Multipitch - Sunset Strip - Colin Moorhead, Emilisa Frerdich
Rescrub or Retrofit - Bulletheads East - Harry Young
Most Contributing Boulderer - Jack Fieldhouse
Hard Trad Single Pitch - The Bull- Jeremy Smith
Hard Multipitch - The Barbarian - Luke Neufeld
Hard Sport - A Prince Among Thieves - Peter Winter
Route Name - The Land of MILF and Honeys - Chris Small

scrubber

Re: 2015 Golden Scrub Brush Awards Nominations

Post by scrubber » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:00 pm

The link to SAS's facebook page doesn't work. I think this one does:
https://www.facebook.com/Squamish-Acces ... /timeline/

K

smallman

Post by smallman » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:24 am

Thanks Kris. will change.

Zdam09

Post by Zdam09 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:52 pm

Uhmm, hi there. I am new to this site and hope that you guys would like to spend some time seeing my post and maybe visit the sites that I will share here. If you are into online games, I do suggest for you to have fun together with your friends or family. Click here SimCity BuildIt for PC and also try this Farmville sequel 2, download for pc. Enjoy time with friends and even play with other people from all over the world.

kenneth1201

Post by kenneth1201 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:05 am

Gold ira companies I found your blog very interesting to read and has tons of useful insights to learn.

Kiray
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Kiray » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:33 pm

Great stuff. Keep it up. Thanks a lot.

ge0rginne

Post by ge0rginne » Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:19 am

I have bookmarked your site and if any of my friends ask me questions about this topic I will surely refer them to your site. buy chicken coops

k3nzochav3z

Post by k3nzochav3z » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:45 pm

The best costco keto shopping list I really admired your dedication in writing your article. Thank you so much for the generosity and I will definitely come back and read your blog more often.

x1mena15

Post by x1mena15 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 10:09 pm

Awesome and interesting content. Honestly, you've shared great things with us and I really admire your for always doing so. Thanks for the goodness and wishing you the best in life. chicken coop products

r1tadum4s

Post by r1tadum4s » Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:29 am

As usual wonderful and useful information! I really adore your kindness in sharing these stuffs freely. Cheers and I will patiently wait to your new Mathcad post.

coolt0n15

Post by coolt0n15 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:05 am

Very nice job, thank you for sharing this awesome and informative blog post to us. I will save this and will look forward for your upcoming posts. natural libido booster for women

p3terb3n

Post by p3terb3n » Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:15 pm

I really enjoyed the positive talk and insights you shared to us. I'm so happy to be here thanks for being awesome. peoples choice beef jerky review

sus4nne3

Post by sus4nne3 » Mon May 02, 2022 5:44 am

Water extraction forney Thank you for sharing this resourceful information. I just want to congratulate your for the great job you've done and I really appreciate your effort.

madmardigan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by madmardigan » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:39 am

Congratulations to all the winners!

Cheers,

Kiray
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Kiray » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:40 am

To all the winners back then, you deserve it.
Regards,
Kiray