Dingo Ate My Baby 5.11-, 4 pitch sport

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
asc
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Dingo Ate My Baby 5.11-, 4 pitch sport

Post by asc » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Over the spring a few of us worked on and put a new route at the Outpost. The climb ascends a formation we called The Annex, a steep white wall to the right of Western Harlot. The climb is super aesthetic, with great views. Many thanks to Ben and Alex who put in a bunch of time early on but couldn't be there for the FA.

The topo can be found at Sendage:
http://sendage.com/climb/dingo-ate-my-b ... ish-canada

The approach is nearly the same as for Centurion or Western Harlot.
[url]ttp://squamishclimbing.com/squamish_climbing_bb/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4454[/url]

Two rappels will bring you back to the bottom of the climb. Currently there is a fixed rope going all the way down the rap line. If you want to use your own rope to rappel please pull up the rope and leave it in a tree. You can also walk off but it is a long way around to the base. There is a hand line on the walk off, which descends past the start of Western Harlot.

There are pack rats around so if you leave any gear at the base of the route hang it in a tree or on the first bolt. At this time of the year bring bug juice.

Let us know your thoughts on the grades.

highlinestu
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Re: Dingo Ate My Baby 5.11-, 4 pitch sport

Post by highlinestu » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:17 pm

Good work a friend and I climbed centurion a month or two ago and saw two guys hard at work on that wall, looks great!

natsdad

Re: Dingo Ate My Baby 5.11-, 4 pitch sport

Post by natsdad » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:01 am

bearbreeder wrote:
New sources indicated that climber was on a route in the same area as Centurion and sounds like it was the route Dingo Ate My Baby. According to sources, the climbers were at the start of the second pitch when the climber on lead pulled on a flake that he suspected was a little loose, the block fell and cut the climber’s rope.
http://squamishclimbingmagazine.ca/upda ... us-canyon/
Thanks, Bearbreeder

That makes much more sense than the initial cbc.ca website article did ("hiker fell 9 metres onto a ledge while scaling a rockface in the Cheakamus Canyon north of Squamish.

Search and Rescue officials say the man, in his mid-40s, was on a rope being guided by his partner from the ground"...).

Grrr.

Steve