New Moderate Cliff - Murrin Park. Valley of the Lost Tribe

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
enchanted

Re: New Moderate Cliff - Murrin Park. Valley of the Lost Tri

Post by enchanted » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:20 am

Nice job, Jack and Kory. It didn't take you very long to finish that. Maybe you guys should look at the OPEN project between Sad Noodle and The Flying spaghetti Monster. Looks pretty thin.

Chris Small
As Chris suggested, I filled in the blank on the Valley of the Lost Tribe wall last week. The weekend before, Scott Milton and I checked out the open project and found a way though the thin section. It doesn't follow the line exactly as drawn on the topo but it does follow the holds. Scott equipped the route with 3 bolts and I used three pieces of gear on the FA. The climb starts on the face between Sad Noodle and The Flying Spaghetti Monster and trends diagonally right after the 3rd bolt where it climbs to the Sad Noodle anchor. We both took some falls when fresh holds crumbled and popped and also at the crux which involves some tricky footwork on smears while making long pulls from thin holds. I opted to put two cams (green and red C3) side by side into the horizontal seam between the first 2 bolts and one other cam to climb to the anchor from the third bolt. I propose a name change from "Vermicelli" to a yet thinner pasta name "Capellini Picante". If you like thin crimps check it out! Let us know what you think it should be graded.

Jack.

gotnoname
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by gotnoname » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:21 am

Can you TR these climbs?

Thanks

hevyduty

Post by hevyduty » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:47 am

You can TR but its a b it more difficult to get to the top of the crag .If u climb up the gully theres an old ratty fixed line! take care!Hevy