Magical Dog/Goin' to California

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
Marc Bourdon
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Magical Dog/Goin' to California

Post by Marc Bourdon » Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:03 am

I was hiking along the Cirque trail yesterday (April 12th) and noticed a newly fallen tree was leaning, almost comically, against the first 30-40 feet of thin crack on Magical Dog/Goin' to California. The thin branches looked as if they'd practically threaded themselves into the seam...

If anyone is planning on having a go this spring, they'd be advised to bring either a sharp handsaw or small chainsaw up to remove the tree - the route is unclimbable in its present state.

The tree is likely around 10cm in circumference, not too big but problematic to remove by hand I think.

Marc

JAR
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Re: Magical Dog/Goin' to California

Post by JAR » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Marc-

I noticed the same thing a few weeks ago when we were up there climbing cracks of girth. I went up today, removed the tree, and rapped the route to do a little inspection. No scrubbing needed, everything appears to be in order.

Anyone reading this because you're considering going up there to work on the route, feel free to PM me if you need a partner. TR soloing gets old quick. I'm available weekdays or weekends, depending on my shift schedule.

Send in Good Health,
Allen

Squamishmonkey

Re: Magical Dog/Goin' to California

Post by Squamishmonkey » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:29 am

PM sent