Crack-R-Jack, 10c, Murrin, Above the Lake is now clean

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
Don

Crack-R-Jack, 10c, Murrin, Above the Lake is now clean

Post by Don » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:38 pm

I spotted this line in the moss about five years ago when coming out of the Valley of Shaddai, and thought at the time it would be a nice thing to clean up... Well, I went to look at it this year and saw it was still looking lonely so I came back to give it a scrub, and its now good to go. It feels more to me like a 10d or 11a, so it would be cool to see others get on this and see what they think.

I'd have to say, and I am biased after the 4 hours of thoughtful scrubbing I put in, but its a super nice line...a straight-up face crack, with a crux down low and another at 2/3 height, there's good gear and decent rests but still quite sustained..something like a Quagmire Crack but only harder. A nice test-piece for those who like cracks at 10+, 11-

30m high, bring a single rack with extra small cams, save a 1" cam to protect the last move, which pulls up a juggy overlap to a mantle finish... Who doesn't like a mantle finish?! Rap the route or walk off to climbers right.

And the best thing about it? Its a mere 9 1/2 minute walk from the front end of Murrin parking lot to the base of the route...so there's no reason not to go! You can barely hear the traffic, and there's some wicked afternoon light that filters in thru the trees.

**Approach as per Valley of Shaddai - walk the highway side of the lake til just past Browning Bluff, then a short stiff hike up a narrow trail, past the first shorter crag with a couple of bolted routes, then walk up right to the right side of the next wall,and there you are...9 1/2 minutes!

Image Before

Image After

rolfr

Re: Crack-R-Jack, 10c, Murrin, Above the Lake is now clean

Post by rolfr » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:02 pm

That is frigging amazing. I can't wait to try it.

c-plus

Re: Crack-R-Jack, 10c, Murrin, Above the Lake is now clean

Post by c-plus » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:27 pm

looks good! thanks for putting in the work.