Attention New Routers/Scrubbers etc

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
Peter

Attention New Routers/Scrubbers etc

Post by Peter » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:18 am

I am currently working on securing severely discounted hardware: bolts,hangers,stations. Please let me know if you are interested in accessing said hardware and roughly how much you would need. Please let anyone in the Province know so I can compile a rough list of what we would need.

Email me at pwinter(at)access-society.ca

Peter

scrubber

Re: Attention New Routers/Scrubbers etc

Post by scrubber » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:02 pm

Thanks for all of your work in this regard Peter! Email sent. You may want to give folks here a bit more of an idea of what kind of numbers you're looking for. Annual usage?

Kris

scrubber

Post by scrubber » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:42 am

I'm helping Peter get an idea of how much gear could be ordered annually at this discount. So if you're interested, let me know how much you think you use, and would be willing to buy at one time on an annual basis. We're not going to be wharehousing this stuff. It will be an order to fill the amount requested and committed to purchase by anyone interested.

You can contact me through here, or directly at krisdwild (at) gmail (dot) com

Kris

scrubber

Post by scrubber » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:50 am

C'mon you guys, (and gals?) Do you really want to pay full pop for this stuff if it's available super cheap? Speak up!

K

Dru

Post by Dru » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:38 pm

I could do 50 bolts and 50 hangers.

Jeff Thomson
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Jeff Thomson » Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi Kris,

I did send you an email reply to this generous offer but haven't heard back. I wonder if you received my message? It didn't bounce back so maybe it went to your junk mail?

Cheers Jeff

scrubber

Post by scrubber » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:23 pm

No such thing found it's way through my email Jeff. Maybe you have an old one of mine? Please tell me you replaced (at) with @ and (dot) with . in the address I wrote a couple of posts ago.

K

Jeff Thomson
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Jeff Thomson » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:50 pm

Hey Kris,

I checked my message and I seem to have had everything right, but who knows! Anyway, here is a cut and paste from my e-mail
"30 - 40 bolts and hangers, 5 stations and 6 10mm drill bits would be about right"

Jeff

scrubber

Post by scrubber » Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:52 pm

We will probably be getting 3/8" and 1/2" stainless steel bolts, not 10mm and 12mm, just for the sake of cost and availability. Therefore, the imperial bits to match. If you want 10mm bolts and bits specifically, we would have to look into that.

In case anyone doesn't know, mixing and matching the metric and imperial bolt and drill bit sizes is a serious safety concern. Although the sizes are very close, they are different enough to cause either a loose fit in the hole, or a potentially damaged bolt from bashing it into a slightly undersized hole.

3/8" = 9.5mm
1/2" = 12.7mm

Jeff Thomson
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Jeff Thomson » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:52 pm

Thanks Kris,

Regarding the sizing, I just want to add stress to what Kris already mentioned about hole size and safety. I bought a number of super cheap so called 3/8 drill bits from a generic company that were definitely slightly smaller than the Hilti 3/8 drill bits.
Even on the first hole I drilled the hole was too small to safely put in the stud. I ended up using them up by first drilling the initial hole with them and then switching to the Hilti 3/8 bit to make the hole a proper 3/8.