Mercurial Crossing at Papoose - route by John Howe

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
squamish climber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Mercurial Crossing at Papoose - route by John Howe

Post by squamish climber » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Glen Woloski sent me a topo of two new routes on the Papoose Right side by John Howe.

Note: I removed the old topo and inserted a new one in its place that John Howe sent me. He also wanted to clarify that these routes are a result of Robin Barley’s effort.
Robin cleaned, bolted and named the routes.
I led the short connector piece from Pinup to Centerfold back in 83 but Robin added the bolts and re-cleaned it. Much better now.

I only did the topo and led the first pitch of Transit of Venus. We are still working on the second.
Last edited by squamish climber on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Received new info
Dave Jones - site admin
When you reach the top, keep climbing -- Zen proverb

mcfly

Re: Mercurial Crossing at Papoose - route by John Howe

Post by mcfly » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:55 am

I climbed Mercurial Crossing a few weeks ago from the start of Mercury Vapour to the end of Pinup. Had a great time on it - thanks to JH for the new options on The Papoose!

J Mace

Post by J Mace » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:34 am

I was wondering why the tree was removed from Moccasin ledge?

Anyways take note, you can no longer rap from there.

Maybe a thread with edits for the new select guide is in order...since it shows being able to get off this ledge.

Tenn

Post by Tenn » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:39 pm

Did Mercurial Crossing a while back and thought it was really nice, technical, well protected face climbing. It's not a slab!!! This thing actually has holds and combined with Mercury Vapour, Pin up and the new connector into the finish of Centrefold makes a great 4-pitch outing. Hopefully more people get on it.

The Red Sun - called something else here - is a really nice .11a as well. Fun moves through a corner and roof to a balancy reach followed by splitter cracks and then finished with techincal, featured, well protected face climbing. It's great. Honest!!