Examination Of Time and Munitions Plant in the North Gully

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
JSmith

Examination Of Time and Munitions Plant in the North Gully

Post by JSmith » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Did these routes a while back but never got around to a topo.

These routes can be found at the top of the North Gully, second peak side, northern most section of the wall.
Both routes have bolted anchors top and bottom and are entirely gear protected. Best to rap Munitions Plant. Put a couple pieces in on the way down to make the ledge, second can remove them and pull in.

Examination Of Time: 5.11+/12- Climb the right facing corner. Mostly fingers up to #1BD.

Munitions Plant: 5.12 Climb the steep crack using mostly face holds. Mostly thin fingers to #1BD.

JSmith

Re: Examination Of Time and Munitions Plant in the North Gul

Post by JSmith » Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Forgot to thank Mike Chapman AKA Squamishphoto for the shot. Check out his photostream on Flickr for more shots of these routes (http://www.flickr.com/photos/squamishphoto/page23/) and tonnes of amazing shots of Squamish.

squamish climber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by squamish climber » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:08 am

Wow that's what I'm talking about serious crack and roof climbing on gear. Good stuff Jeremy. And nice Squamish additions. And thanks Mike for the photos, quality stuff. Please post a few on here, from time to time, they sure fire the desire to go climbing.

Anybody else climb these?
Dave Jones - site admin
When you reach the top, keep climbing -- Zen proverb

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:50 pm

^
Heading up tomorrow - I’ll post pics up in the PM if I remember :)

Dru

Post by Dru » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:10 pm

Not that I have the talent to try but what about that next corner left of Examination?

JSmith

Post by JSmith » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:01 pm

Dru wrote:what about that next corner left of Examination?
The corner to the left is completely hollow on the left side. It would be another great line but it needs way too much scaling to make it safe and would likely end up looking like s**t.

The rock on the rest of the wall is mostly no good but there are a few decent lines left to develop.

J.

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Post by Brendan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:34 am

There looks like there may be some pretty crazy lines a pitch below these two!? Also, there’s some totally rad looking lines opposite these two climbs on the other side of the gully - one which will no doubt go right up that cool pillar thing.
Oh I almost forgot to add, these two pitches have to be among the most exposed pitches in Squamish. These climbs totally overhang the gully. Awesome. :P

This pic does nothing to show you the exposure but you kind of get the idea. This is hanging off the lip at the top. You can see that cool pillar thing to the top right - definitely a future sport climb(?) ;)