Sullys projects

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
Mike Teschke

Re: Sullys projects

Post by Mike Teschke » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:34 am

Rolf has been trying to get a crew together to help build a trail in the forest off the road, but that has never really picked up any momentum.

rolfr

Post by rolfr » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:39 pm

I am back in town and will be looking in to access from the Elsie Lake trail, there is a game trail connecting it to the top of the Senior center. The problem is that it could be a 30-40 minute approach and sport climbers are notoriously lazy.

Anyone have a GPS and interested in helping me wack some bushes?

It would be nice to get the Senior Center into the new climbers guide for the North Shore, and bring the crag back to life.

Rolf

Axilla
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Axilla » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:25 pm

I'd be willing and able to come out and give you a hand clearing a trail in the evenings after work. Let me know if you want to try sometime this week. I could make it out there by 5pm.

skidrc
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by skidrc » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:58 pm

pm sent. GPS and Tools here in the city. And a whole lot of free time
-Doug

psi4ce

Post by psi4ce » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:08 am

Started new thread regarding the Senior Centre trail here: http://www.squamishclimbing.com/squamis ... f=2&t=3999

natsdad

Post by natsdad » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:59 am

Hi Folks:

After work yesterday, we climbed a few climbs at Sully's. Lovely evening, we climbed Left Overs, Your Other Left, Lefty, A Bunch of BS and The Rookie.

One note of concern (especially for continued access): there was a fire ring right where the climbers' trail meets the cliff - and part of the root of a (standing) tree was seriously charred. It appeared to be pretty recent. I doubt that climbers created this, but who knows? We need to make sure things like this don't happen as they could lead to a closure.

By the time we left there were a few other parties at the cliff, enjoying the great climbing.

Steve

jstod

Post by jstod » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:55 am

Looks like that "transmission" project is now fully bolted and open. Anyone know the approx grade?

Julian

Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:38 am

Julian,

I believe that line still needs one more bolt at the top, and as far as I know (anyone, anyone?) has still not been climbed. However if you climb it 'as is', please do tell. It is an open project, grade unknown, likely in the 12+ range.

Rich

dunndan

Post by dunndan » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:19 pm

It is still missing the last bolt/hanger, definitely upper 12's... maybe more unless I have missed something completely.