Skywalker, 5p, 5.8

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
MegaPrawn
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Re: Skywalker, 5p, 5.8

Post by MegaPrawn » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:45 pm

If a line has to be recleaned like every year than theirs something wrong T2climbs right its going to melt away again -.. my buddy met a guy who said it sucked anyways
“Retreat!” -MegaPrawn

NateDoggOG

Post by NateDoggOG » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:28 pm

Haha, same person, different account. Why don't you get on it and report back to us, instead of the whole, 'friend of a friends brother once climbed it' spiel.
Lurch, I agree with gtfo. There's a difference between discussion, and just being a Negative Nancy whose only goal is to bring other people down.

jipstyle

Post by jipstyle » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:58 am

Don't feed the troll. Remember: preteens feed on negative energy.

MegaPrawn
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by MegaPrawn » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:07 pm

perteen? Im probably older than you and i rent my own apartment and have a job. i could of done it but i bailed on white-lightning and i hurt my thumb, as soon as my thumb is better Im probably gonna solo it.

are you guys serious??? why are we argueing about some 5.8 in the bushes anyways???

@skidrc sounds like fun grovelling in the wet dirt. you guys can call me nancy all you like. probably by the time my thumbs better its all nice and dry anyways
“Retreat!” -MegaPrawn

NateDoggOG

Post by NateDoggOG » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:11 pm

If you think you need your thumb for slab climbing, you're doing it wrong.

jipstyle

Post by jipstyle » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:57 pm

MegaPrawn wrote:perteen? Im probably older than you and i rent my own apartment and have a job.
Ah.

Well, congratulations on achieving such impressive milestones in your life!

skidrc
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by skidrc » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:42 am

MegaPrawn wrote:
@skidrc sounds like fun grovelling in the wet dirt.
Yup. Top 100 classic fun. In the sun.

Was up yesterday. Second pitch is totally dry. First has the wet spot at the start. Cracks at the top of P3 are gritty, but are slowly showing their faces. There is much good gear, but don't runout the 5.7 past the bolts, it has a fun finish that protects well after a move.

Finally feeling good after one major shoulder injury in 2009 ( posterior shoulder dislocation) and my third AC separation on the opposite shoulder, last August. slow and steady yeah!
-Doug

Lagerbaer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Lagerbaer » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Man what a fun climb!

Being my first "real" (= unsupervised by a more experienced climber) multipitch, I was glad to have bolted belays at relatively comfortable stances. I also found the protection to be good.

I found the crux pitch surprisingly hard for a 5.8 but that was just because I lack experience with corners and finger cracks. Not having the intuition of when to stem, when to layback, when to put both hands/feet in the crack and when to use the face as well definitely makes it harder.

Many thanks to Jeremy for putting this up! I'm amazed by how many quality routes there are still being developed.

scrubber

Post by scrubber » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:11 am

Finally climbed it for my first time yesterday. As usual, parties at every belay. (Thank goodness for alternate rap anchors when coming back down through them.) Definitely a great route for the masses. Low angled, well protected, easy to deal with belays. Its the perfect training ground to work out the kinks before progressing on to longer, harder or more involved routes.

Of course it will need a bit of Spring cleaning every year to remove the needles and twigs, but it is in no danger of growing over any time soon with that level of popularity. It has achieved the recipe for popularity around here. Check out Jeremy's article in this month's issue of Gripped for a great insight into the trials, tribulations, and rewards of route development.
http://gripped.com/2012/08/sections/art ... -dig-club/

Kris

steven
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by steven » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:15 pm

I had a chance to climb Skywalker again and instead did the EPB finish. There was a solid 4-5 parties on Skywalker (on a Monday morning) so there is no shortage of traffic. The EPB finish was fantastic. Very well bolted, supplemented with good gear. Does anyone know anything about the status of the project left of EPB (Ya Habibi)? The third pitch looked tempting.

squamish climber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by squamish climber » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:00 am

Haven't been up there yet this year. What are the crowds like? Any new route activity up there?

Although an easy moderate, the climb is so asthetic and the views unique. Here's a couple of photos by Paul Lapides, a photographer that has it on for getting great shots

Another one from Paul's blog:
Dave Jones - site admin
When you reach the top, keep climbing -- Zen proverb

supafly

Post by supafly » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:35 pm

was up there this morning at around 8am, two groups waiting, one bailing because of the wait, all belay stations stacked - a victim of it's own success!

probably better going in the later afternoon, squamish needs way more moderate classics to keep the gumbies happy.