Spring Cleaning

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
BK

Re: Spring Cleaning

Post by BK » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:58 pm

Hamish, I don't think snake Dyke or any of the other examples are exactly representative of our issue. I just found it interesting that some of the old proponents of boldness in the hotbed of ground up ethics (Tuolumne) could be relaxing thier attitude so much. In fact, the most relevance I get out of the ST threads is that the participants are so willing to toss all the ideas around so freely with the aim to evolve some sort of consensus. i rather suspected we weren't so far off in our values but hell even if we were i see no reason not to toss them back and forth a bit to see where they land. I just wish that more banter could be generated on this site. I know for a fact many dedicated and respected locals hang out here and i for one would like to hear a bit more opinion on such nebulous subjects as retro bolting. I think consensus may not be the only way to manage the resource, but its likely the best, if we can get it. The example you use i very much agree with

jmace - i think there may have been some confusion about what stumps we've been talking about. I personally have been only (i think) talking about stumps and possible bolts on the base of clean corner and the base of the Tantalus wall headwall (above cresent ramp). Maybe there's been a little mix up.

jipstyle

Post by jipstyle » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:34 am

You've got 5 pages of discussion right here and that is quite a long thread for this forum.

If you want a thread about the ethics of retrobolting in general, you could always start one. Get the discussion going! :mrgreen:

BK

Post by BK » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:21 am

Jipstyle, I'm not sure there's a very broad appetite for involvement on the subject, judging by the limited result from these 5 pages. I appreciate the input from those who contributed but i personally was hoping for broader participation. Maybe it would help to get drunk first?

jipstyle

Post by jipstyle » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:28 am

I think that it always helps to get drunk first. ;)

I also think that you should keep in mind that this is a relatively small forum with a small number of regular / active visitors. I'm not sure that another thread would attract commentary from others.

I'm happy to be wrong, though, because I also think that discussions such as this are invaluable.

On a related note, it looks like this weekend will be dry and crisp .. ideal conditions for sending some late-season projects. :mrgreen: