Funarama not so fun anymore

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
rolfr

Post by rolfr » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:02 pm

Let me know when Aron and Bearbreeder, I will also contribute time and equipment. If Permatex Red is put on the threads the nut can not be removed without a blow torch.

Rolf

J Mace

Post by J Mace » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:04 pm

Holy f**k

I just returned from a quick trip to squish on the way home from Whistler with out ever reading any of this drivel.

Tunnel rock is completely stripped anchor and bolts.

Rolf you rock, well said!

Now who the f**k authorized the installation of big ugly, probably from the mall, hand railings bolted to the ground below the route evaporation/crag?

WTF is happening to Squamish

staven

Post by staven » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Just back from a quick smoke bluffs inspection on where to re-equip, but found the hanger fairies had gotten there ahead of me: Tunnel Rock has all hangers and anchors intact, Pink Cliff appears to have all hangers, Funarama has all hangers replaced except for one route, Bughouse has a couple of routes with missing hangers, Ronin's has the two short mossy routes at the end missing hangers still.

Stoked on whoever or whichever group went to town out there. Anyone been over to Crag X or Crystal Wall? Those routes still intact?

J Mace

Post by J Mace » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:04 am

How about the squaw or sunblessed, anyone know if he will just keep on taking them down?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:28 am

J Mace wrote:How about the squaw or sunblessed, anyone know if he will just keep on taking them down?
If it wasn't already published in Kevin McLane's 2005 Squamish Guide, it's getting stripped. At least this has been the selection process in the Bluffs.
WTF?

YetAnotherDave

Re: Funarama not so fun anymore

Post by YetAnotherDave » Sat May 14, 2011 7:02 pm

Several anchor bolts on the left-hand edge of 'Call it a Day' have been destroyed - hangers cut through and hammered flat. Looks like the bolts are intact - new hangers might be all that's needed. And some A$%^#@ needs his hacksaw taken away (or applied to his nether region)...

J Mace

Post by J Mace » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:05 am

The anchors on top of pitch 1 of feeling groovy in the bullet heads have been removed, im guessing they were put in when the new route below it was put up. Of course those bolts below are gone as well.

It is possible to keep going to the tree ledge with some drag or a good gear belay can be made next to the bolt studs.

I guess it was originally 1 pitch but its better as 2

hevyduty

Post by hevyduty » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:10 am

I went up to funarama tuesday to do some. spring cleaning and found some one has stolen the rap station at the left end of the fun wall also the top bolt on the transformer.Take care and chek the fixed gear at the crag,will fix them soon .On amore positive note big thanks to the person who droped off a rope at the my gear stash at L/Land much appreciated Hevy

harihari

Post by harihari » Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:23 pm

Barley's put up a couple of hundred routes. Most are very good; a few are classics; a few totally blow. At fifty bucks a route (and that's lowballing it) the man has sunk five digits and twenty thousand hours into hardware and routes that all of us have enjoyed. This could have been handled better.

If anybody wants $$ or help adding/replacing anchors/hangers, lemme know.