La Gota Fria, 5.11b (A0), 18 pitches

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
Dylan Connelly
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Dylan Connelly » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:03 am

MikeBlicker wrote:@ pinner yeah i agree. its kind of a stupid thing to be arguing about but there are other factors at work. its more about not letting someone take what's yours, he wanted debate and now he's got one. maybe it'll give him something to do other than add to his book / stamp collection.

what chris has failed to mention is that we have split the route financially down the middle, 1/3 , 1/3, 1/3. my metrics earlier are correct if we are talking about the same pitches. 7 being WLYW, 8 the pitch above that and 9, the 5.9 corner.

dylan send me your number, i'll give you a call anytime you want, muffin. send me your work number and we'll discuss my tax return.
When myself and Chris climbed the whole route you weren't there, ie you didn't get the FA on the route. It wasn't a personal assault. Get over yourself.

I could care less if the guides says FA: Stolz and Company cause it was a group effort. Pinner is right about all the bullsh#t acronyms. fa, fca, fcfa, ffa is all bullsh*t for delicate ego's that NEED recognition. I got mine when I topped out.

Your bitching and whining about people taking what is yours is over done. The route is rad and everyone who had a hand in it has been recognized.

If you want to keep whining then you can keep posting on here. Bash me and harihari some more, I'm done. You have my number, you have harihari's number and always have.
-d

Mik
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Mik » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:10 pm

has nothing to do with perpetuating an argument dylan.

it has everything to do with getting what is mine and what is rightfully owed to me.

like i said before, post your number. for an accountant you're not that great about making assumptions about people. and number wise well that's just a foregone conclusion. 60% = greater than half ;).

Mike

bigwalldirtbag

Post by bigwalldirtbag » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:08 pm

some of you guys sure have alot of time bash people on forums kinda bull sh*t! good work mike and everyone else involved its nice to see a new long route coming together, imagine seeing some of the ffa's that were dragged into this post, argue about this kind of thing! wow!!!!!

harihari

Post by harihari » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:24 pm

MikeBlicker wrote:has nothing to do with perpetuating an argument dylan.

it has everything to do with getting what is mine and what is rightfully owed to me.

like i said before, post your number. for an accountant you're not that great about making assumptions about people. and number wise well that's just a foregone conclusion. 60% = greater than half ;).

Mike
Mike-- what exactly is the issue? You are receiving FA credit for 60% or whatever of the FFAs of pitches. Dylan and I climbed the route as a whole, in one go, so we get FCA (of the 5.11b A0) version. Your opportunity-- to go us one better by doing the FCFA. Have at it!

Mik
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Mik » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:11 pm

to restate that route development is a lot like contributions to a manuscript / scientific article / book etc. they are listed in order of their contributions to the project.

if you were a confident individual you'd look beyond our personality issues and acknowledge the FA. but that's asking a lot from you when you've been engaged in the same petty manoeuvrings for the last 20 years or so.

dylan i'm still waiting for that number homeslice, i was looking forward to our conversation.

Mike

Don

Re: La Gota Fria, 5.11b (A0), 18 pitches

Post by Don » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:29 pm

So, anyone repeat this route yet? Looks like fun

P.S. Wow, quite the battle upthread...phew!

scrubber

Post by scrubber » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:03 pm

Yeah, ick. I guess that's why I scrub by myself...

I would sure like to see the route though! Why isn't it in the new Select guide? Did it grow over while these guys were bickering about it?

harihari

Post by harihari » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:48 pm

There's a FFA waiting...the two crux pitches have yet to be freed. Mike either did not try or did not manage to free them. P5 will go at 12c or so (bolt ladder right now) and P7-- if it ever dries-- oughtta be 11+.

it's a pretty good route. There are 2 total crap pitches but they are short, easy, and well-protected like 5.6, and some of the pitches are frikkin' spectacular-- P3, P8, P11 and the awesome P16 45m 10+ v-slot. And it's LONG-- 16-18 pitches-- if you wanted a mega-day you could do Powaqaatsi or La Coalition and then start La Gota.

scrubber

Post by scrubber » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:26 am

So after two years is it open to the public to try for a FFA?

harihari

Post by harihari » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:09 am

Yup. Go for it. The route as a whole dries quickly (like 2 days after very heavy rain) June-Sept, but the 2nd 11+/12- pitch (right after the traverse) will take about a week to dry. If you wanna head up there with either me or Drilelr or both, drop me a PM.

scrubber wrote:So after two years is it open to the public to try for a FFA?