Fern Hill - Update

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
Peter

Fern Hill - Update

Post by Peter » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Couple new routes:

Blood and Pepper 12b, Line left of It's Not About You. Bouldery crux including a loooong move, so harder if your short.

Typical Squamish 10d/11a, Furthest most line to the left of Honeymoon is Over. Currently has a yellow rope on the anchor above. The anchor needs to be moved lower so right now it's a bit run to the top on big holds with a mossy topout.

Peter

Post by Peter » Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:37 am

Another one:

Quaker Oates 12c/d?
Shorter route up the blunt arete left of the yellow corner. Stick clip the first 2 bolts. The topo has been updated with all the new ones, plus some grade updating and name changes. I can't find the topo on this site so go here:
http://www.quickdrawpublications.com/FreeDownloads.htm should be updated shortly.

JSmith

Post by JSmith » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:42 pm

Just a quick note re. Fern Hill. The land which it is located on has recently been transferred to Squamish First Nations. I'd advise a low profile until we get an idea of how this may or may not affect access to this area.

Peter

Post by Peter » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:44 am

Will be interesting, I have touched base with SORCA as the extremely popular farther side mountain bike trail (test of metal route) goes right through there as well..........

AVesely
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Fern Hill

Post by AVesely » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:25 pm

Peter. We were enjoying a fantastic day on the crag last Friday and noticed a couple guys surveying around the base of the cliff and cutting trees. They said the area lies on Crown (district) land and they were surveying a district lot. Surveyed a line all the way past the top of the crag. I've been meaning to call the City of Squamish to inquire further. For your info.