New Crag - The Inner Sanctum

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
Axel

New Crag - The Inner Sanctum

Post by Axel » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:58 pm

Same directions as for Chuck Chuck. Park in the same spot. 50m south of Chuck Chuck on the right side of the road is a trail that follows the creek. Theres a sign. Might take about 1 minute. Wear a sturdy pair of flip flops. You can see this crag on the left as you approach Chuck Chuck.

It's a small crag with 5 routes and possibly a couple more in the near future. It faces the same direction as Chuck Chuck so recieves early sun and afternoon shade. It is next to the creek and therefore quite cool.

The climbing starts off really steep and juggy easing off at the top. Shorter than Chuck Chuck but full value nonetheless.

Routes are from right to left:

1. Grasping Infinity 5.10b/c? 5 bolts + chains

Follow the steep jugs and flakes to the small roof. Pull the roof to finish at a set of chains.

2. Bubba Ho-Tep 5.11a? 5 bolts + ring anchor.

3. Slash and Burn 5.10d? 5 bolts + ring anchor

4. Stop, Drop and Roll 5.11a/b? 5 bolts + chains

5. Limestone Dreams 5.11b/c? 5 bolt + ring anchor. Harder than it looks. This one might actually be easier if you're short?

The grades are as close an approximation as I can make. Sorry but it's getting hard to tell. Feel free to post your opinion and when I get around to a topo I'll try to make a consensus. All FA's A. Reinhold July 08.

Much "Thanks" to Jody, Perry and George for helping get this done. Special thanks to my friend Danny, who's 4000psi pressure washer makes crag cleaning almost fun.

Cheers, Axel

bradley3297

Post by bradley3297 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:50 pm

checked out inner sanctum today. some pretty fun climbing. the dyno on slash and burn was particularily fun. and bubba Ho-Tep was also excellent.
Bradley