Cleaning on North Walls, right of AK Highway

Check here for new routes information. Post new routes here.
marc_leclerc

Cleaning on North Walls, right of AK Highway

Post by marc_leclerc » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi, I am working on a new FFA project just right of Alaska highway at the North Walls. I will be cleaning this route tomorrow and will keep you posted in general about when cleaning will be taking place. I will also post warning signs on the trail. Climbers on Alaska Highway and Astrologger will not be in danger, plus I am just scrubbing lichen and dropping very small plants, any rock trundling will be done extremely early or in the rain, I will post here if I am doing so, and the signs will be up. There is very little loose rock, if any, on the pitches I am working on cleaning. The most danger you may be in if standing on the trail below Alaska Highway is little specks of lichen landing in your hair... thank you very much.

Marc

Anders Ourom

Post by Anders Ourom » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:29 pm

In my recent work on Slab Alley, I 'trundled' several rocks. Right into my pack, eventually to be deposited in the boulders. The biggest one was about 5 kg. Seems workable in some situations.

Anyway, it seems a time to be very vigilant with regard to this subject.

marc_leclerc

Post by marc_leclerc » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:03 pm

excellent suggestion Anders! Seeing as any rocks that may be lurking on the pitches I am working on, although I didn't see any at all, would be about baseball size maximum this plan should work very well.

marc_leclerc

Post by marc_leclerc » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:49 pm

will be cleaning again tomorrow evening.... should be fine for anyone in the area.. pretty light cleaning.

marc_leclerc

Post by marc_leclerc » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:53 pm

fyi, whoever was trundling large blocks down the North Walls today had nothing to do with me or my project. Just don't want anybody to think that was me trundling irresponsibly.