Dry tooling at Sully's Hangout

Everyone can edit and update the crag information, but PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Uncle Rico

Dry tooling at Sully's Hangout

Post by Uncle Rico » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:55 pm

Climbed at Sully's Hangout (North Van) this morning, and one of the more popular warm up climbs has been quite badly scratched up by someone dry-tooling there recently. I feel that dry tooling at popular, well-traveled crags is far too destructive. It takes a lot of time, energy, and money to develop routes, and for someone to come along and leave an irreparable mess of scratch marks and broken holds is akin to vandalism. Most climbers find this totally unacceptable. Sully's Hangout is one of the North Shore's most popular sport crags, and those who climb at Sully's on a regular basis really try to take care of the place. Please don't dry tool on well-established routes at popular crags ANYWHERE, it permanently defaces the rock and is disrespectful to the route developers and all who frequent the crag.

Uncle Rico

JohnD
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Re: Dry tooling at Sully's Hangout

Post by JohnD » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:39 pm

Someone has scratched up the Dennett Lake crag too; I was there a couple weeks ago and noticed two routes at least were messed up. Hope this doesn't spread...for all the reasons given above!!
J.