Vancouver Rock Climbing guidebook on the way...

Everyone can edit and update the crag information, but PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Uncle Rico

Vancouver Rock Climbing guidebook on the way...

Post by Uncle Rico » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:47 pm

I am currently working on a Vancouver Rock Climbing guidebook with hopes to have the book available in the Spring 2013, published by Quickdraw Publications. This book will feature all the bouldering, sport, and multipitch areas in the Vancouver region. If you have any information, suggestions, route / boulder additions, I invite you to email me in the coming months with any beta you have. Here is a link and run down on areas I'm planning to research and include in the guide. Rumors of new areas are sprouting and I'd love to hear from anyone with any concerns or ideas.

Thanks - Rich Wheater
richwheater@shaw.ca

http://www.quickdrawpublications.com/Va ... mbing.html

outofbounds
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Re: Vancouver Rock Climbing guidebook on the way...

Post by outofbounds » Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:01 am

Looking forward to the book! Just curious to know if you are planning on including info on routes out by Harrison Bluffs, and surrounding areas? I know it is not "Vancouver" but I thought I would ask?
Thanks for taking this on, have fun!

Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:37 pm

At this point Harrison Bluffs is NOT slated for inclusion in the Vancouver Rock Climbing book. After some initial research we concluded that it's outside of our established boundaries (for VRC) and falls within an area (the Fraser Valley) that perhaps one day will get its own guide. - Rich

JohnD
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by JohnD » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:32 pm

It's finally available! Congrats Rich...can't wait to get a copy and finally put names to all those obscure boulder problems scattered through the woods....a huge advance to what's been available on-line.
J.