Lynn Loop Boulders, North Van

Everyone can edit and update the crag information, but PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Uncle Rico

Lynn Loop Boulders, North Van

Post by Uncle Rico » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Does anyone have any details regarding the trio of large boulders found near the north end of the Lynn Loop trail in North Van? There is evidence of climbing activity (although not much) but I can't find any details on the internet.

psi4ce

Re: Lynn Loop Boulders, North Van

Post by psi4ce » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:13 pm

The conventional wisdom on those puppies is that instead of hiking for 45 minutes, take a similar amount of time and drive up to Squamish to do some "real" bouldering.

That being said, those are some fairly nice (if somewhat surface-rotten) hunks of rock. Nevertheless, there's essentially no beta (that I've ever seen, and I wrote the topo for nearby Sully's), so I'm pretty darn sure it's "choose your own adventure" style when it comes to the Lynn Loop Boulders...

If they call your name, head on up with a pad and try a few moves! 8)

Uncle Rico

Post by Uncle Rico » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:25 pm

Thanks, I appreciate your opinion. And I agree that it's a long hike that, time wise, might be better spent getting to the more extensive and more aesthetic Squamish Boulders (understatement).

Still, I'm on the hunt for specific ascent details, not whether a visit is worthwhile or not. Someone has clearly been climbing there. There are a fistful of awesome looking lines on solid granite, and I think these three blocs are a pretty cool destination for the adventure seeker looking to put up FAs in a quiet area, natural area well off the beaten path.

psi4ce

Post by psi4ce » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:39 am

Unfortunately, you'll be hard-pressed to get beta on ascents and such. However, who knows, someone might pipe up! Good luck!