Stolen Gear

Everyone seems to lose their stuff and find other peoples stuff so lets put all those posts in here.
Michiel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Stolen Gear

Post by Michiel » Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:32 pm

I recently moved to Vancouver from Seattle, and the first night i was here, my car and all my climbing gear was stolen. Why did i have all my rock, ice, skiing, camping, entire rack and climbing gear in my car? Well, we arrived at about 7 p.m. and we unloaded my girlfriends truck first, and the next morning we would do mine since we were tired and there was no floor space left in our apartment.
So currently everything is missing but if we can keep an eye out for a suspicious person selling climbing gear that has one blue tape stripe on it (some have duct tape) and camping gear, just go ahead and break his knees. Don't worry about the car, it had 340,000 km on it. Thanks everyone.

MCpl

Post by MCpl » Mon Sep 11, 2006 6:01 pm

What name brands are we talking about here?

Michiel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Michiel » Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:26 pm

BD C4s full set and doubled up on .3,.4,.5, and 1 with Neutrinos, nanos, attache locking biners, 1/4 inch red single runners, nuts from 7 years ago (forgot the brand) Katana shoes, size 42 and 42.5 TNF expedition 2 person tent, Charlet Moser Axar ice tools, dragonfly, jet boil, TNF synthetic -20 degree sleeping bag list goes on. Old mountaineering axes one blue one black with charlet moser leashes. Red petzl helmet. Hope this helps a little.

YetAnotherDave

Post by YetAnotherDave » Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:40 am

You have insurance?

I have a bunch of older cams that I could loan out for a while - rigid friends and old-style camalots. Not exactly state-of-the-art, but if you can't replace your gear all at once, these'll help you get climbing again...

Michiel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Michiel » Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:57 am

The car is insured but i don't have renters or home owners insurance. I appreciate the offer of your gear but i'd rather not take the responsibility of borrowing someone else's rack at the moment. However, if anyone is looking to get out, my schedule is open and I climb trad to mid 10's and sport to upper 11's to low 12's.

Dooley

Post by Dooley » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:51 pm

If you have comprehensive as part of your insurance the gear should be covered.

Michiel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Michiel » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:31 pm

Comprehensive insurance only covers the car, and anything that has to do with the operation of the vehicle. Such as the stereo, bike rack, tools, jumper cables, $200 for clothes, etc. It does not cover personal items except the $200 for clothes.

acanais52

Re:

Post by acanais52 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:21 pm

Michiel wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:26 pm
BD C4s full set and doubled up on .3,.4,.5, and 1 with Neutrinos, nanos, attache locking biners, 1/4 inch red single runners, nuts from 7 years ago assurances obsèques (forgot the brand) Katana shoes, size 42 and 42.5 TNF expedition 2 person tent, Charlet Moser Axar ice tools, dragonfly, jet boil, TNF synthetic -20 degree sleeping bag list goes on. Old mountaineering axes one blue one black with charlet moser leashes. Red petzl helmet. Hope this helps a little.
Wow, a damn collection to what I see. Is any of these products still on the market.

valentind28

Re:

Post by valentind28 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:05 pm

Michiel wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:26 pm
BD C4s full set and doubled up on .3,.4,.5, and 1 with Neutrinos, nanos, attache locking biners, 1/4 inch red single runners, nuts from 7 years ago (forgot the brand) Katana shoes, size 42 and 42.5 TNF expedition 2 person tent Self Stockage, Charlet Moser Axar ice tools, dragonfly, jet boil, TNF synthetic -20 degree sleeping bag list goes on. Old mountaineering axes one blue one black with charlet moser leashes. Red petzl helmet. Hope this helps a little.
In any case, thank you very much for these explanations. It will really help us.