Trad Partner Sept 3 to 10

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
Aza

Trad Partner Sept 3 to 10

Post by Aza » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:39 pm

Looking for a trad climbing partner for few days next week. My preferences are for multi-pitches crack climbs 5.9-5.10, but a cragging day to know each other would be nice too. I have 10 years of experience, I lead up to 10b -10c and can follow into the 11s but I am not there for the grade! I am looking for someone fun and safe to climb with :D Anne

Danion

Re: Trad Partner Sept 3 to 10

Post by Danion » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:42 am

Hi Anne, I'm visiting friends in Whistler next two weeks and I definitely look for a chance to climb in Squamish. I'm still not sure about my daily schedule, but some day during the week (probably the 6th or 7th?) I'd be happy to join you. Though having long history in the mountains, I only get two years of climbing experience mostly in multi-pitch sport and alpine routes in the Alps and Dolomites. Please note I'm not a big leader (yet:), I'm most comfortable in following up to 5.10 (UIAA VI). This also means I'm a safe and skilled belayer, but not experienced in e.g. building trad anchors, I still climb under the supervision of a mentor climber. Also, I'll only have limited gear with me (grigri, reverso and rapelling devices) but no rope of cams/nuts/expresses. If still interested despite the above :) just let me know, I'd be happy for any climbing on such a classic rock.

nkryik
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by nkryik » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:35 am

Hi Anne,
I just saw your post - my partners for today and the next 2 days just fell through (short notice, I know). I'm out here from the Rockies, and despite the bad forecast I'd be psyched to get on rock for a few days. I've got a few years (~4) of experience, and I've led on gear up to 5.10a, following up to 5.10c (so far, but I'm game to try anything up to low 11s). I've climbed a few routes on the Chief a few years back, but I'm down to try anything if you're still looking for a partner.
I'll likely be out TR soloing at Smoke Bluffs the rest of the day, but if you're interested shoot me a text at 778 834 7686.
Cheers,
Nick

rodrigoprimo

Post by rodrigoprimo » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:20 am

Hi Anne!

I live in Brazil and I'm going to Whistler for a company retreat and decided to arrive a week earlier to visit Squamish from Sept 7th to Sept 14th. I'm available to climb this Thursday or Friday and in the weekend and I would love to do some multi-pitches crack climbs 5.9-5.10.

I have been climbing for the past ten years as well. I can probably lead 5.10a/b on trad and 5.11a/b on sport and I can follow on harder climbs (I'm not super sure about the grades since we use a different grading system here in Brazil and I have climbed in North America only a few times).

Please let me know if you would like to partner up.

Best regards,

Rodrigo

someDuder
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by someDuder » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:02 pm

If anyone above is looking for a partner for Thursday and/or Friday, I'm also available and looking. I'm happy to do anything up to mid 11's, long or short, trad or sport.

Cheers!
Chuck