Looking for an experienced climbing partner!

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
Iris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Looking for an experienced climbing partner!

Post by Iris » Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi There,

I am Iris and I go to Squamish quiet a bit, almost every second week. (I live in Maple ridge myself) I have always loved climbing, but there are no mountains where I am from (I am from the Netherlands). I have been travelling the world and when I was in New Zealand I met a really experienced rock climber, I really fell in love with the sport. I have done a little bit of indoor climbing, but I really don't like indoor. In NZ I have done 2 multi-pitch routes (I don't know what grade), and my friend was leading. (He used to be a rock climbing instructor/guide, so he knew what he was doing and I could trust him). I am a really quick learner and a pretty good climber for a beginner. I am comfortable climbing 5.8, but I want do start doing 5.9 and 5.10.

Because I don't live in Squamish I don't really know how to find a climbing partner. I don't have any gear, but willing to get everything since I will keep using it. But I figured I won't buy anything yet if I can't find a partner. I have looked on lost of forums and websites, but haven't had any success so far.

My other interests beside rock climbing, are: (backcountry) hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, running, and I also want to get into kitesurfing!

Hope to hear from you!

Thanks Iris

Clarkkent
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Re: Looking for an experienced climbing partner!

Post by Clarkkent » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:27 pm

Hey-

I live in California and get to Squamish for climbing quite a bit- always looking for partners -

I can lead up to 11c sport most days

- you can lead belay confidently?

Clark

Iris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Iris » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:20 pm

Hi Clark,

I am just a beginner, but I can belay confidently.
Do you also do trad climbing or only sport?

When will you be in Squamish?

Iris

hangerlessbolt
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by hangerlessbolt » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:23 am

Hey Iris my name is Bryan and i live in Squamish, i usually get mid week off and could get you out on some of our amazing multipitch routes.
Cheers

Iris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Iris » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:01 pm

Hi Bryan,

That sounds great, I not a very experienced climber yet, (indoor I do 5.9 and starting on 5.10a) but eager to learn everything, I have got my own harness, shoes and belay device (ACT-guide). I am probably in Squamish at the end of this month again.

hangerlessbolt
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by hangerlessbolt » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:49 am

That could work, lets hope we get some nicer weather.
Cheers Bryan

climberguy420
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by climberguy420 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:28 am

I live in coquitlam and go to squamish every weekend (weather permitting) allways up to meet new climbers . pm me lets make something happen

Madi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Madi » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:33 pm

Hoi Iris,

Right on for posting! The forum seems to have been a little sleepy lately.
I'm a Canadian currently in the Netherlands and coming back to visit family in South Surrey in the month of May. Though I have promised my mother that I will not run to the rocks immediately upon arrival I would like to get up to Squamish a few times during my visit. I have five years and counting of varied climbing under my gordel and though, being in Europe, I've most recently been primarily sport climbing, in principle I do not discriminate between the disciplines. Long easier routes are very fun for me and I would be excited to climb some routes up the Chief with you if you are interested. My ability to drive long distances is lacking so if we could sort out a carpool that would be fantastic. I do not know how much of my gear I will be traveling with, though if I find it necessary I can bring at least a single rack and rope. You can email me at madi(punt)donald(at)gmail(punt)com if you are interested.

Groetjes,
Madi

djredosh1

Post by djredosh1 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:17 pm

Iris, Bryan et al.
I will be in Vancouver next week for a convention and was looking to climb either Tuesday or Wednesday april 19 or 20. I have 40 years experience, can still lead 5.8 or follow 5.9 crack/easy 5.10 face. Like multipitch but single pitch or sport is fine. Per the website there are some classic climbs in the 5.7 to 5.9 range. I live in Colorado so was hoping not to fly with a rope and a rack, but could if needed.
Doug

Iris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Iris » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:20 pm

Hey Doug,

I am available both days to go climbing. I don't have car though, so that is a bit inconvenient. I don't have ropes or any racks. I am only just starting to go climbing outdoors.

Let me know what you think.
You can send an email to: iris-cappo at hotmail dot com.
I don't check the forum very often.

Cheers,Iris

Iris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Iris » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:23 pm

To climberguy420,

I would love to go climbing more. I will have weekend off occasionally. I am a live-in nanny so my days vary. I don't have a car so that is a not very convenient for me. I also have a dog I take with me everywhere I never leave him home alone for to long. I might be able to go climbing this coming Sunday.

Maybe a good idea to go climbing at Base5 first, just to meet. I do not really like indoor, but it is good practice since I can't always go outdoors.

Let me know what you think.
You can send an email to iris-cappo at hotmail dot com.

Cheers, Iris

Iris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Iris » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:26 pm

Hey Bryan,

Could you send me an email to: iris-cappo at hotmail dot com.

I can go climbing tomorrow, if you are available.

Cheers, Iris

mmaceachern1

Post by mmaceachern1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:14 pm

Hi Iris
I live in Vancouver Canada.
I've been climbing for years but still in the 8's and 9's.
love trad and have all the gear.
Please let me know if you'd like to get out.
I can get out during the week almost easier than weekends
<Matt