Weekends (and Fridays/Mondays on occassion)

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
mosabla
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Weekends (and Fridays/Mondays on occassion)

Post by mosabla » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:10 pm

Looking for a partner for winter ice climbing, back country skiing, and mountaineering. I did most of my mountaineering in the Rockies and I am looking for new partners in the S2S area. I am a 30ish year old working stiff.

I am an intermediate mountaineer. Generally comfortable leading to 5.8 on big routes, I can follow to 5.9, and hoping to get comfortable leading 5.10 this summer (Beckey-Chouinard in the Bugs and Angel's Crest in Squish are my goals for the summer).

I am just getting into winter pursuits. I have boots, technical axes, harness etc but no screws or ice rope. I have backcountry ski gear (including avi gear) except for a four season tent.

I have an old subaru forester with good tires, so I can get us around.

I am safety conscious and more interested in getting around safely than getting up, though I like to push hard. I tend to like fast and light climbing.

I am pretty quiet, I don't smoke, but I like a drink or two, and I am out to have fun.

Some routes I have led/swapped leads to give you a sense of ability:
Diedre (Squamish 5.8), Butt Light (Squamish 5.9), Surf's Up (Bugs, 5.9).

Long term goals:
Lotus Flower Tower - Cirque of the Unclimbables
Hummingbird Ridge - Logan
Emperor Face - Robson
Circumnavigation of Logan and traverse of the St. Elias range

PM me if you want to get out.