Winter Climbing Partners

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
Rolley
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Winter Climbing Partners

Post by Rolley » Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi,

I am looking for partners who are willing to brave the possibly (a) wet rock, (b) cold fingers, (c) snow on the ground, (d) reduced climbing ability due to the previous three factors (hence this would be an ego-less, fun, outdoor loving enterprise).

As winter hits, most climbers show their seasonality, and head indoors to climb, including the majority of my summer climbing partners. I, on the other hand, love to brave the cold and wet rock for the possibility of climbing a few pitches outside. There are a few south facing crags that will dry out overnight or within a few hours no matter how much rain has fallen. On the optimistic side, there are many days in February (or insert month) when the weather is warmer and the sun is shinning and it is the optimum conditions to climb.

If there are any like-minded winter climbers out there who are keen and optimistic despite potentially iffy conditions, please send me a PM. I am going out tomorrow too, so would be great to meet up.

Me: 44 year old female been climbing for 19 years on trad and sport, multi-pitch and alpine. Into having fun, being optimistic, and not taking it or myself seriously.

A-Rat
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Re: Winter Climbing Partners

Post by A-Rat » Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:11 pm

You sound as twisted as me! I have spent many winters braving the crappy conditions to get OUTSIDE and climb even if it means some sketchy aid or breaking out the ice tools.

If you want to get up to some suffering I am game!

outofbounds
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by outofbounds » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:20 am

Hey folks,

I am keen to get out for winter sessions as well! My schedule is all over the place so there are times where I am gone for a month or so, but back for 2 or 3 weeks at a time with nothing but spare time. Just looking to get out and have some fun!

joewtc

Post by joewtc » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:51 pm

I hosted a weekly Sat wet and wild climbing outing at Squamish. This past week: http://www.meetup.com/climbing/events/150457032/. Next week I couldn't host it as I'll be out of town to go to the Seattle Bouldering Comp. But I intend to run it all winter long. Joe