beginner would like to try cams (slcd's)

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
Jonny5

beginner would like to try cams (slcd's)

Post by Jonny5 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:19 am

I live downtown Squamish. I started bouldering about 6 weeks ago. I have since got a rope, harness, quickdraws, etc. I must of rope climbed a half dozen times since. All tr and sport (i have led a 5.6 and a 5.7 sport) except for one attempt at the end of the day to lead the 5.4 on burgers and fries with only a set of nuts. After placing 2 nuts for a multi directional first placement and placing 3 more placements I was basically just under halfway up and so pumped that I down climbed while cleaning the nuts.

I've decided that I would like to continue putting together a rack and next after nuts would be cams.problem is they are pricey and I don't have a clue. The best buying advice I've found so far is "try before you buy". So anyone want to let me"try"some cams? I'll buy beer or ... after...

604 TIT—LICK

jonathanstlouis5 (at) Gmail (dot) com

Jonny5

Re: beginner would like to try cams (slcd's)

Post by Jonny5 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Well for better or worse I've chosen a brand and now have ten shiny cams to complete my rack. I now think it would be a grand idea for me to lead on 5.easy with my gear.

For me 5.easy is literally in the 5.3 to 5.6 range. I also think it would be crucial to have someone more experienced rip my gear placements apart in this range.

Climb on :mrgreen: