Climber from Europe, in Squamish aprox. 4th June

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
Klaas

Climber from Europe, in Squamish aprox. 4th June

Post by Klaas » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:03 am

Hello BC climbers,

I'll be visiting BC in June together with my grilfriend. Unfortunately she does not climb, however I feel passing up the oppotunity to climb in Squamish would be a mistake.

So, I'll rent a car, I'll have shoes, I have plenty climbing experience (admittedly mostly on limestone). I'm looking for: climbers who know the area, and who don't mind to show a city dweller some real rock. Bouldering is also fine, also since I won't be taking a rope etc.

About myself: I'm 31, OK climber (5.12, although I'm perfectly fine with climbing 5.8-5.10s all day long, I'm not pushing grades), sucky boulderer (still like it).

thanks,
Klaas

Jonny5

Re: Climber from Europe, in Squamish aprox. 4th June

Post by Jonny5 » Mon May 27, 2013 9:19 am

Hi Klaas, I am new to bouldering (less than a month) and live in Squamish. Bouldering is the only form of climbing I have participated in. I own a Metollius Magnum pad (large). My two roommates have more climbing experience than I. I have climbed lots of V0, one V1 (only one ever attempted, Detached Flake in the farm area of the North walls), and 3 out of 4 of the V2's that I've attempted. Although I have yet attempted v4 this may well change in the next week. I have found a lot of joy in scrubbing overgrown problems from the guidebook and then climbing them. I understand that I may not climb at a high enough level for you. If interested pm me for contact info.

J5

climber.steve

Re: Climber from Europe, in Squamish aprox. 4th June

Post by climber.steve » Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:49 pm

Hey There,
I'm around for a couple of weeks, drop me a line if you want to get out.
stephensenecalski at gmail dot com
I have gear and wheels, climbing to 5.10+.
Cool.
Steve