Need climbing partner(s) anytime!

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
Lozza87
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Need climbing partner(s) anytime!

Post by Lozza87 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Hey there,

Relatively new to Vancouver and the climbing scene. Been climbing on and off for a couple of years but not consistently. Climbed in Red River Gorge, Kentucky, in and around northern Ontario, most recenty Squamish and fell in love. Mostly top roping, can lead easy (an I mean easy) stuff. Confident belayer. I don't have any gear. Really looking to link up with someone to explore the playground that is Squamish and hone my skills at the same time meet rad people who love the outdoors.I have weekends off. How does this work? E-mail me? oh_lauren_o@hotmail.com

-Lauren

Solveig
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Re: Need climbing partner(s) anytime!

Post by Solveig » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi Lauren

Im at your level if climbing and i have a good group of climbers that recently came together if you want to join us ages range from 23 to 30. I need to get out there more as I'm pretty fresh. My number is 778 839 7100. I'm female and 30.

Solveig

Lozza87
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Lozza87 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Solveig, when do you usually climb? i'm available weekends, maybe not this weekend as it's going to be quite busy with squamish live going on. Let me know :) Also, do you drive from vancouver??

Florian1
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Florian1 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:26 am

Hey guys,

I am also new to Vancouver/Squamish. I've been climbing a lot the last 6 month now. Have a complete rack and I'm pretty flexible. The only days I'm occupied are wed and thu. I'm a confident belayer and also really enjoy leading.

As I'm from Europe where everything is bolted I almost exclusively climbed bolted sport and multi pitch routes but really want to get into trad climbing now.

I recently had tendonidis and want to start slow again so it does not come back again.

I'm looking forward hearing from you.

Florian

florian_assmann (at) gmx.at
604-363-8292

Vangurl77
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Vangurl77 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:13 am

Lozza87 wrote:Hey there,

Relatively new to Vancouver and the climbing scene. Been climbing on and off for a couple of years but not consistently. Climbed in Red River Gorge, Kentucky, in and around northern Ontario, most recenty Squamish and fell in love. Mostly top roping, can lead easy (an I mean easy) stuff. Confident belayer. I don't have any gear. Really looking to link up with someone to explore the playground that is Squamish and hone my skills at the same time meet rad people who love the outdoors.I have weekends off. How does this work? E-mail me? oh_lauren_o@hotmail.com

-Lauren

Hey Lauren,

Are you still looking for climbing partners? I'm just moving into Vancouver this week and I'd really like to do some climbing in the Vancouver area and in Squamish while we still have the awesome summer weather. I think I might be at about the same climbing level as you - I can lead 5.7s confidently and I'm working on 5.8s. I'm also happy top-roping. I don't have gear either, so perhaps you've made friends with a couple other people in the area who have gear??? I do have a car, so I'd be happy to share rides. I might be working some weekends this Fall, but I'll have a lot weekdays off and I would be interested in doing multi-day trips if it's out in Squamish.

Give me a shout if you're interested or if you know anyone else who would be.

Thanks!
Laura

Vangurl77
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Vangurl77 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:17 am

Solveig wrote:Hi Lauren

Im at your level if climbing and i have a good group of climbers that recently came together if you want to join us ages range from 23 to 30. I need to get out there more as I'm pretty fresh. My number is 778 839 7100. I'm female and 30.

Solveig

Hi Solveig,

Are you still climbing with that group of climbers? I'm new to Vancouver and looking to get out to Squamish for some climbing this Fall. I don't have gear but I have a car and I would love to join up with your group if that's still happening.

Thanks!
Laura

A-Rat
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by A-Rat » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:45 pm

I would be down for climbing with any/all of you.
My partner recently left for the season but I am stuck in Squamish for work indefinitely.
I am fully equipped for all types of climbing if it be trad, sport, bouldering, aid, ice, alpine... I just really enjoy getting out regardless of it being hard or easy climb (some of my all time faves are 5.8's).

If any of you are in need of a partner or just wanting to network with a fellow local climber give me call.
my number is; 778-266-0337
email; info {AT} alexratson {DOT} ca

cheers,
alex