Squamish partner

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
adam1

Squamish partner

Post by adam1 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:59 pm

I've just moved to Vancouver and am looking for partners for this summer and long term. I'm confident leading 5.9s right now as I've been ultra running for the past 3 years and have lost a bit of strength.

I can get out weeknights or weekends. I'm super motivated to climb and am easy going.

Would love to get to know some locals and learn about this awesome area!!!! So we can get out and ski/board when the gray blinket comes in the fall!

I'm a WEMT and trained nurse
Climbed for 16 years all over the world
Former member of Ouray Search and Rescue

AaronRN

Re: Squamish partner

Post by AaronRN » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi Adam
I live in Squamish, just down the road from the Smoke Bluffs. I'm looking for a climbing partner for weekdays after work and weekends.
I'm an RN
Climbed for 18 years all over world.
call or txt. 604-389-8877.
Thanks. Aaron.

richardd
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by richardd » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi. Ill be arriving in vancouver on 1st of april with 2 and a half weeks to climb. I can redpoint up to 5.12 on trad. multipitch/ onsight 5.10 + not too sure as I am from Australia, grades and climbing is very different. I have a full trad / big wall rack, rope etc but was hoping to travel lighter this trip. Don't have much in mind, just come to check the place out. Im thinking of moving to vancouver

Kiddie

Post by Kiddie » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi everyone. I'm coming to Vancouver for the first time at the end of this month and have 4 days off work from 30th Jul-2 Aug. I realise it's not a weekend, I don't have a car (but would hire one?) and I don't know the area, but I'm a keen climber and competent leading English E2/French 6b+ (5.10c/d I think?). I'm 40(ish), have my own gear and a very British sense of humour. Anyone fancy showing me around?
Cheers, Paul

xvadim
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by xvadim » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:50 pm

I'm interested in climbing Sun Aug 5. (confident 5.7-9+ ) 10+ yrs climbing. trad rack. Would like to get back into leading, but rusty. :roll:

-vadim

Solveig
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Solveig » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Hi All
I'm 30 just learned to climb this year but I'm climbing steady and have been consistently doing 9/10b and multi-pitch, my boyfriend is busy climbing the split pillar and much harder routes so I'm not getting the mileage, I can climb any day of the week but different times of day. Have not started lead climbs but I'm familiar with all the gear and have a set up. I'm ready to put a lot of time and effort in if someone's willing give me some pointers. If interested give a shout. I also board all winter and mountain bike.. But climbing is what i want to do!

Cheers!