Midweek regular sessions (trad/sport) + alpine

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
magosti

Midweek regular sessions (trad/sport) + alpine

Post by magosti » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:09 am

Hoping to find a climbing partner for regular basis midweek and some weekend trips out to Squamish. I'm currently working from home (building an NGO) and would like to be out 2-3 days a week. I climb at a 10 level and aim to brake into the 11's by end of season. I have climbed mostly sport out in Ontario the last couple of years, and desperately need to cut my teeth on Squamish cracks... it's good to be home after being away for 8 years!

I have a ride and gear.

I'm based out of W. Van. one exit West of the Cypress exit. The exit is 7, Westridge / Westmount, where a park and ride is located. Ideally, I would like to meet there, for anyone coming from Van, and roll up early in the mornings to get sessions in either part or full days.

I would also like to get in some multi-day trips out into the alpine, for those of you with the skills and ambition.

If you're committed to get on a schedule like this, let me know via email / tel. Psyched !!

LPWR -Michael (30 yo)
778 868 1981

Heffe
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Re: Midweek regular sessions (trad/sport) + alpine

Post by Heffe » Tue May 08, 2012 12:51 am

Hi Michael, my names jeff, im 20 years old and im training to be a search and rescue technician. i live like a 5 min walk from the smoke bluffs (westway village - valleycliffe), hit me up with an email at: heffe_@homail.com or on my cell at 519.476.1414 ( that number dies may 10th, getting a new phone) im always up for a climb.
Cheers

-Jeff

Sheehan
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Sheehan » Wed May 09, 2012 12:49 pm

Hay Guys,
Just got into Vancouver last night. I will be heading up to Squamish at the weekend. I do Sport and trad. Sport, I climb around the early 5.10's and trad I climb around 5.7/5.9. I would like to get more experience at trad, but would also like to get fit again, with sport, as I have been sick for a month :( .

If I am useful to anyone give me a shout. I will give a post when I am in Squamish.

Brad

Post by Brad » Fri May 11, 2012 1:02 pm

Hey Michael

Looking for weekday partners. Just building up my strength to what it was last season (leading gear to 5.10) right now. Would love to get out midweek and get in to the hight 10s/11s by the end of the seasons. So if you are still looking for some one send me an email b_schalles(at)hotmail.com.

Brad

Sheehan
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Sheehan » Sun May 13, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Guys,
Landed in Squamish last night. The Chief looks great. If anyone is interested in a climb let me know.
I don't have a car unfortunately, but I am in a hostel in Squamish town for the next couple of days.
Later,
Aidan