Squamish Trad climber seeks partner(s)

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
cosine79
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Squamish Trad climber seeks partner(s)

Post by cosine79 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:09 am

Hello. I've been living and climbing for the last three years or so in Squamish and generally speaking enjoy trad routes or a good day of sport up at Cheakamus Canyon. I'm safe, have a good rack and 70 m alpine rope, and my own transportation.

I'm a dependable and healthy individual who is proud to say that I kicked my smoking habit well over a year ago and hasn't had a puff since. I'm about 6'1. I've had my eye on leading Penny Lane and a few Octopus Garden routes (after a brief warming up period). I'd also be very interested in leading Calculus Crack and Snake on the Apron. By the end of the summer, my goal is to lead Angel's Crest or Ultimate Everything. These are lofty goals, but I will have time to put in the necessary work and drive for their completion.

As I say, I'm just eager to get back out there and get climbing asap. At the moment my schedule is comlpetely clear. If your interested, please send an e-mail to corysine(at)yahoo.ca.

Cheers,

Cory

Sheehan
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Re: Squamish Trad climber seeks partner(s)

Post by Sheehan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:39 am

Hi Cory,
My name is Aidan and I will be moving to Squamish around the start of May. I am from Ireland and climb trad, sport, and I boulder. I will be bringing my rack with me and I am looking to do alot of climbing. If you are interested in going for a climb when I get over, let me know and we can arrange to meet up sometime.

Cheers,
Aidan.

cosine79
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by cosine79 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:26 am

Hi Aidan,

Sounds good, we should have some pretty nice weather by the time May rolls around. Squamish is great for trad and I have a car so accessing great sport areas like the Cheakamus canyon is also possible. I'm not much of a boulderer but I know that there is a ton of that throughout the Squamish area. Just send me a message when you get in from Ireland and we'll set something up.

Cheers,

Cory

Sheehan
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Sheehan » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:50 am

Sounds good, I will give you a shout when I get into Squamish.
Cheers dude.

joeljacques1
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by joeljacques1 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:12 pm

i live in squamish, have a rack, lead up to 10- trad and am not working. I am looking to go out any day its dry.

my name is Joel and my number is 604-849-1017

cheers!

Heffe
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Heffe » Tue May 08, 2012 12:48 am

Joel let me know if your up for climbing the smokebluffs tommorrow( may 8th), ill hit you up with a ext before noon, let me know

hey guys, names Jeff, i live like a 5 min walk from the smoke bluffs, hit me up with an email at: heffe_@homail.com or on my cell at 519.476.1414 ( that number dies may 10th, getting a new phone) im always up for a climb.
Cheers

-Jeff

Sheehan
Casual Observer
Casual Observer

Post by Sheehan » Wed May 09, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi guys,
Made it to Vancouver. I hope be up in Squamish in a couple of days, maybe by Saturday or Sunday and would like to get out. I have been doing trad at home and I am between 5.7/5.9, I would second 5.10a. If anyone does sport I am around 5.10a/b(Using the Wiki grades here). I would like to climb with someone who is safe and to get more experience at trad. Trad Rules!

Also, anyone got any recommendations on places/areas to rent. I will be staying in a hostel for a couple of days but would like to get a place. I would like to be close some climbing/bouldering/hiking spots.
Any advice would be great. I will give a shout when I am in Squamish.

tominator
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by tominator » Thu May 10, 2012 7:46 am

Hi,

I am at the same climbing level as Sheehan above, and would love to second this Saturday. Never been to Squamish before. You can reach me at 347-469-0866.

Thanks

-Tom