WANTED: Partner for Bugaboos (Early July)

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
solojourneys

WANTED: Partner for Bugaboos (Early July)

Post by solojourneys » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:23 am

Howdy,

I'm looking for a partner for a 5-7 day trip the Bugaboos in early July, dates flexible.

I have truck to drive out there, we split gas.

About me .. 40yo guy, lead up to low 5.11 trad, 5.12 sport, double rack and two ropes.

About you .. guy or gal, any age. I don't mind leading everything as long you're an attentive belayer :-) Must be able to second up to 5.11, climb fast, and be in really good shape. Some experience with alpine climbing would be good, but not essential.

The plan would be to camp at Applebee Dome, climb easier stuff (5.10s) like McTech Arete, Paddleflake, maybe hike over to East Creek and do the Beckey Chouinard, etc.

Please email me at solojourneys@gmail.com if you're interested in this trip!!

PS: I also run the vancouver rock climbing meetup group:
http://www.meetup.com/Adventure-Climbing-Scrambling/

mconti
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Re: WANTED: Partner for Bugaboos (Early July)

Post by mconti » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:14 pm

Hi Jesse !?
I would be up for some good alpine climbing in the Bugs if the forecast is nice.
Just got to Squamish last tuesday, climbed the Grand and then it rained ever since.

About me...Marc, 32yo, climb up to low 12 trad when in shape, usually on-sight 11sh crack.
I spend the two last summer in Chamonix & also climbed the Diamond in Colorado a few years back,
so I got some alpine exp. Unfortunately, most of my winter gear is back home in MTL, so I would need to find some boots & crampons for this trip. I'm camping at the Chief until end of july, so
I am available anytime for this trip.Let me know

Cheers Marc