Climbing in May

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
Penny
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Climbing in May

Post by Penny » Sat May 07, 2011 8:27 am

I also have the rest of May free and am looking for people to climb with. I'm based in Revelstoke but am on the road and willing to travel, preferably to where the sun is shining! :D

I'm an experienced climber but haven't been climbing since December so I'm easing back into it and climbing 5.8-9 -ish right now. I generally lead up to 10c/d on trad once I've got my head and arms back. I have a 50m rope, a medium-sized rack, a tent and a car.

Give me a shout at penny.goddard (at) gmail.com if that sounds like you.
Cheers
Penny

haraldia

Re: Climbing in May

Post by haraldia » Mon May 09, 2011 11:23 am

Hey

Ive been an exhange student at UBC the last year, i havent got to go to climbing walls the last months since november, since they are so far away and expensive, but ive been bouldering in a small cave at campus. Im also going easy, and 5.8-9 should be a good range for me as well. I didnt bing too much gear with me from norway, but i got everything except, cams, rope, or other ropes needed for trad.

I will be in Vancouver to 25th May and on vacation, so im pretty much ready to go at all times except Sat and wedn.

Cheers Ian Muri

Penny
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Penny » Mon May 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi Ian
It sounds like maybe we should go for a climb together! I don't think I'll be in Squamish until this weekend at the earliest, but I will stay in touch with you and see if we can link up. Do you have a phone number or email address where I can contact you directly?
I am at penny.goddard (at) gmail.com
Penny

discostu

Post by discostu » Thu May 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Squee-mish eh?
Might be able to swing it.
A visit to the Eldrid now there I would go even just to belay. (Plus the sunshine coast is a quick ferry ride for me)
http://www.supertopo.com/climbing/threa ... &tn=0&mr=0
Sincerely
J
PS I probably won't be leading half as much even with my head and arms back. I blame the disco-ing

smithrobert

Post by smithrobert » Sun May 15, 2011 7:33 pm

This is a much better website for info on climbing in the Eldrid Valley.
http://www.surfingvancouverisland.com/climb/st01a.htm

Kraken
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Kraken » Tue May 17, 2011 1:29 pm

Hi Penny and anyone, I'm looking for a prtnr for tomorrow(Wed).
.8 - .10's gear routes, single or multi, light rain or shine, cowbell or cam, etc.