Partner for a day/two around 8th 9th 10th August

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
AndyB
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Partner for a day/two around 8th 9th 10th August

Post by AndyB » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:10 am

My name is Andy Barton from the Yorkshire Dales in England and Chair of the Craven Mountaineering Club. My wife Hanne and will be visiting Canada in August, bringing our mountain bikes and walking boots and planning to journey from Vancouver to Calgary doing a variety of activities on route.

I am really keen to climb for a day or two in the region and am looking for a partner or group who would be happy to climb with me and show us the rock scene. Unfortunately Hanne doesn't climb anymore and being into my fifties, I am no rock athlete. I'll lead VS (UIAA V+) (USA 5.6) on traditional gear or F6a+ sports (bolted) and will second harder. I will bring my shoes, harness and chalk but little if any gear.

I suspect that you guys are younger and hard climbers than me so if you don't fancy going slow, perhaps you could put me in touch with a friendly sole or two who would be happy to spend a day or two with us, that would be really great. I have my eye on doing something on The Chief at Squamish for the record, but don't know whether anything is in my grade (it all looks perilously steep)

Our detailed itinerary has not yet been sorted but we recon on or about the 8th August. andypbarton@hotmail.com

squamish climber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by squamish climber » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:30 pm

Hi Andy and Hanne,

Sounds like you have a great trip in the works. I would be happy to climb with you on August 8th. I don't know but I have a feeling that Squamish grades will feel a little soft compared to what you climb in England. I think a climb on the Apron called Banana Peel is well within your abilities. It's graded 5.7 but there is really only one move that is 5.7. I was on it over the weekend and had a very enjoyable afternoon.

Squamish has loads of other stuff to do -- like fantastic mountain biking, hiking (Garabaldi Lake is a good one) and kyaking.

PM me or post your questions here .

Dave Jones
Dave Jones - site admin
When you reach the top, keep climbing -- Zen proverb

AndyB
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Climbing on 8th August

Post by AndyB » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:30 am

Hi Dave, sent you several PMs but haven't heard back. I'm planning on climbing with Anders on the Friday 6th and perhaps Dave Foerstel on the Sunday if you are no longer around.
Contact would be good
Andy Barton
andypbarton@hotmail.com

squamish climber
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by squamish climber » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:47 am

There was a problem with my email. I don't think you ever got my message. Hopefully you have it now. I'm still keen on climbing with you and showing you around Squamish.

Let me know

Dave
Dave Jones - site admin
When you reach the top, keep climbing -- Zen proverb