Squamish 2010

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
Magali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Squamish 2010

Post by Magali » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:21 pm

Hello !
I'm french and I would like to travel in Canada next year.
I hope I'm gonna to climb in Squamish in May, June, and July of 2010.
I will travel alone, and I search climb partners. So, if someone's gonna to climb here... ^^
Moreover, do you know hebergments, rooms, camping (which are not too expensive) to live during this while ?
Sorry for my english, it's very bad !!!
and thanks for answer me.
Magali
Magali

trangdtu

Squamish 2010

Post by trangdtu » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi Magali,

That's great you can come out next summer--I'd suggest that you post for partners again a month of few weeks before your arrival, You'll probably have the best chance of finding partners then.

Local campgrounds include the climbers campground at the base of the Chief, and a campground run by the District of Squamish called Kinsman Campground, on Loggers Lane. The Chief campground is good access for climbs on the Chief and Apron, and Kinsman is close to the Smoke Bluffs climbing area. There are also privately-run campgrounds at Shannon Falls, Eagle Vista, and provincial park campground at Alice Lake.

If you're looking for a room for several months, my best suggestion would be to search the classifieds of the Chief newspaper and craigslist.org, 1 or 2 months before you arrive--there are lots of room rental advertisements there.

Magali
I'm New Here
I'm New Here

Post by Magali » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:59 am

Thanks for theses informations !
Do you live and climb in Squamish ?
See you next year, maybe !
Magali
Magali

trangdtu

Squamish

Post by trangdtu » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:34 pm

No problem, hope the information is useful.

No, I don't live in Squamish, but I've been coming there for 8 or 9 years and try to come up as much as I can in the summer. I wish I lived there!