Partner for Cheakamus on Halloween....

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
Steve Townshend

Partner for Cheakamus on Halloween....

Post by Steve Townshend » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:40 am

Hello. i've never used this forum to find a partner... hopefully somebody will be psyched?

So i am in Red River Gorge Kentucky at the moment, and i am flying to Thailand (from Vancouver) Nov 2nd. i was planning on getting home (DRIVING from here! 3 day drive 16-18 hrs a day!) Halloween NIGHT;

However...

The weather here is about to crap-out and i have a project i'd like to try once more this year at Cheakamus (on the Circus Wall); so i might leave here 1 or 2 days EARLY so i can climb at home once before Thailand.

SO.....

i am thinking about leaving here 1 or 2 days EARLY and being home by Oct 30th... my deciding factor is going to be... if i can find a partner for Chek.... for Halloween.

i'm a GREAT belayer and i'd be willing to catch you on anything, at any wall in return! i can also "rope-gun" for you if you just want to top-rope something.

The route i want to try is SHORT... so a belay on it only takes about 5-10 min max. and i'll be very "car-lagged" (like Jet-lag) so chances are i won't even try it more than once or twice.. just do or die.

e-mail me if you're interested (because i don't check this site very often).

Cheers,
Steve
stevetownshend@hotmail.com

5.4 Slayer

Post by 5.4 Slayer » Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:28 pm

right now the forecast is for rain on the 31st.
What are you working?

Steve Townshend

Post by Steve Townshend » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:50 pm

Down System.

fell off the LAST move in July (literally.... LAST move... 5.10 at the TOP.... AFTER the last bolt!). i'd like to go back and finish it THIS YEAR... but probably isn't going to happen..... just "wishful thinking" i guess.... but we'll see how the weather is.