Sun/Mon Sept 28th/29th: want to go sport climbin' at Chek?

If you're looking for a climbing partner, inside or outside, local or traveling post your requests or info here.
Steve Townshend

Sun/Mon Sept 28th/29th: want to go sport climbin' at Chek?

Post by Steve Townshend » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:02 pm

i'm an excellent belayer and i have patients like no other! i've got all gear needed (rope, draws, even an extra harness if you're a "boulderer".... as long as you know how to lead-belay).

i lead any grade (up to 5.14), and i'm psyched! i'm a great "rope-gun" if you just want to top rope.

my elbow has been sore (from arm-wrestling at a stag party) so i haven't climbed in a while; it feels good now so i want to test it out.

I've got a couple specific routes/walls in mind: The Circus/Big Show area (but i can also trade a belay there for a belay at any other wall like the Forgotten Wall) i'd like to get on Down System and maybe something on the Big Show too.

i'm hoping to head out there with or without a partner in the afternoon; if i don't find somebody to go with, i'll still be there "rope-soloing" (need to get some fitness training in before a big road-trip staring in October).

if you're psyched, shoot me an e-mail and i'll call you back... we can car pool from Squamish (i live near Extra Foods) or meet there.

Cheers,
stevetownshend@hotmail.com

Brendan
Posting Maniac
Posting Maniac

Re: Sun/Mon Sept 28th/29th: want to go sport climbin' at Che

Post by Brendan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:54 pm

Steve Townshend wrote:i have patients like no other!
local practice?? :wink: